spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Sprinkle Head
join:2001-03-10

Sprinkle Head

[Networking] Router questions

All -

I'm considering moving to Fios from Optimum and have some questions.

1) It appears that the Quantum router is the one to get. Anyone disagree? Pros and cons?

2) In my current setup; I use an Apple airport extreme router and my wireless range is extended by using an Apple airport express. This setup has been working great for me for years. Based on the Fios FAQ; I would be able to disable wireless on the Fios router and use the Apple setup for wireless connectivity. Does anyone have a similar setup or have any thoughts? Has it works well for you? Pros and cons?

Thanks in advance!
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz

I point you to this thread.
»Quantum Gateway Router
fcfc2
join:2014-05-17

fcfc2 to Sprinkle Head

to Sprinkle Head
Hi, just remember that if you were thinking of purchasing the Quantum G1100, it just went off sale. I believe it is back up to the full $150 price at this time.

Sprinkle Head

Sprinkle Head

Still showing $99.00 for me.
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

1 edit

Myzteziz to fcfc2

to fcfc2
said by fcfc2:

Hi, just remember that if you were thinking of purchasing the Quantum G1100, it just went off sale. I believe it is back up to the full $150 price at this time.

It's $99 until the end of tonight. Today is the last day.....of course the way Verizon works with it's promos I'll bet it goes back on sale in a couple of weeks.

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
join:2007-08-09
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3 to Sprinkle Head

to Sprinkle Head
I hated the gateway router and returned it. Waste of money. It was causing my VMS clients to stutter and hang. I went back to the Actiontec Rev I which works fine. Anyway, the setup for me was / is:

Actiontec Rev I or Gateway Router with wireless off

Apple Airport Time Capsule hanging off of Actiontec, in bridge mode. The actiontec is repsonsible for handing out IP addresses to wireless clients

Downstairs, I have another Apple Aiport Extreme acting as a wifi extender to the Apple Time Capsule. Both latest Apple revision (AC). I use the aiport extreme for internet access for TV, PS4, Xbox, etc........All hardwired to the aiport extreme.

Sprinkle Head

Sprinkle Head

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the response. My setup will be similar except that I have the gateway router on the way. I'm happy that the network exter work with your configuration. I'll keep you posted once finis is installed and I have everything working.

Regards,

SH