spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Dirtyboy
@24.114.74.x

Dirtyboy

Anon

[TV] Shomi denied in package

Told after two months waiting my 250 tier will not include Shomi promotion because I'm a Rogers business cellphone account holder. I get one bill all various services bundled and thus the reduction each month for that, if I want Shomi promotion I must give up the 5% discount forever and separate all Rogers services their own billing. Wow, ON top of it all, told 250 tier includes modem rental but this month am being billed +$12.00 for modem rental. . Does this crap ever end?

Maxx2006
join:2013-02-02
Guelph, ON

Maxx2006

Wow

Lets not try and keep our customers happy. The exact reason why I left them 2 years ago. Did not have their business service though. Just got tired of the increases and low caps.

damir
join:2013-12-12
CANADA

damir

show us ur bill.

Dirtyboy
@24.114.74.x

Dirtyboy

Anon

The showmi was a voice mail reply to my inquirers to how long is 3 days to Rogers, answer 60 days. The modem charges is on the bill but has confidential info cannot / will not expose

damir
join:2013-12-12
CANADA

damir

lol.
Anzio
join:2008-11-22

Anzio to Dirtyboy

to Dirtyboy
We're in a similar boat. Our Rogers wireless services don't include the Roam Like Home or other bonus features (understandably). However, we were just offered 8GB for only $30 a month more than what we're paying now, which isn't bad. That will put us on a Share Everything plan and give us access to all the promotions. Including hardware upgrades, but we usually buy our phones direct from Apple unsubsidized anyway, so not a huge value there. Nice to have the option though.

What we're worried about is if our bill will actually only be that much of an increase. Not sure if we can trust Rogers. If it is, I can only imagine that the first bill will be scary at the least (their pro-rated charges that seem so difficult to understand).
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

Every provider prorates when you change your plan in the middle of the bill cycle. If you don't want them to do that have them future date the changes to your bill cycle date.
Anzio
join:2008-11-22

Anzio

I was not questioning the action of prorating. I was questioning their display of it which is one of the messiest I've seen of any provider. I was told that I could not request a future date for the changes. I asked if I can just chat them back and change it on my billing date, and they gladly said yes. However, they couldn't guarantee they wouldn't have to prorate the day and lay another month down on top of it. We're still dissecting the chat and trying to see exactly what that means.

Past scars make it very difficult to accept this generous offer.

Dirtyboy
@rogers.com

Dirtyboy

Anon

So calling them on all this crap I am offered Shomi til March Free is I subscribe online .....pffffttt please so they were willing to make it free til MArch then pay. I told them screw it I am going to go to NEtflix direct, turned off on how I am being treated. I give up, now I know why I use them for two things and two things only .... internet (fastest/cheapest) and business mobile phone package 55 loaded for smartphone otherwise kiss off Rogers. Chage any of that on me and I am G O N E

Breadwinka
join:2008-06-08
Kitchener, ON

Breadwinka

That the case with shomi is free until the end of march for anyone on HF 60 or higher. I'm on 250 service as well. Shomi is nice but I prefer Netflix and using a DNS changer for american Netflix.
akoostik
join:2013-11-07

akoostik to Dirtyboy

to Dirtyboy
The total price includes the rental, but they have to list it separately on the bill

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to Dirtyboy

Premium Member

to Dirtyboy
Photoshop out the account/phone numbers and names.

Dirtyboy
@rogers.com

Dirtyboy

Anon

Mute point, have gone Netflix, so no longer care to argue with them why they want me as a Shomi customer, Netflix delivered and that is all I wanted and what it is all about. Never thought I would have to FIGHT a company to be their customer ever.

On the matter of the 12.00 rental fee, I actually went to Rogers Store yesterday with the modem intending to cancel if it did not get turned around. Well, I am now getting the refund and bought the modem outright for $159.99, saving $12.00 modem rental fees. It comes with a 2 year warranty. You need to bring in your rental to do this by the way with the plug adapter. They take the rental unit and give you a brand new retail one.

Thanks for the inputs, best wishes