All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
rhaines
join:2014-09-16
US

rhaines

Itelite Dual Band Sector / Experience, feedback, thoughts?

Good morning all,
Does anyone have any experience with the Itelite PRO-SECTOR-XL2.4/5Dual-band_2xDual sector antennas? I'm looking into purchasing a couple to test with, but I'm still doing some research.

Here are some of my questions.
- I'm currently running EPMP and UBNT sectors, will TDD and AirMax still work utilizing a third party antenna? My guess is since its MIMO it will.
- They look like they are 90 / 120 degrees I'm guessing its one or the other but I haven't found 2 different part numbers, so it may just be adjustable based on the output power?
- How do they compare to the respective vendor sectors, EPMP and UBNT?
- The antenna gains look pretty comparable, any discrepancies that anyone has noticed?

Did I miss anything? It looks like a reasonable alternative to putting 2 antennas where you can just put 1 with a dual purpose. I have a couple locations that would could use a solution like this so hopefully it will work. It seems like a pretty cool concept, I just need to make sure it will work for what I'm trying to do.
Thanks,
Ryo
jacobturner
join:2014-12-30

jacobturner

I only have one in service but it has worked well. On the 5Ghz side of things it seems to have a noticeably steeper drop above 5820 than the UBNT sectors but seems fairly equivalent otherwise.

I believe that they are 90* at 3db down and 120* at 6. TDD and airmax will work just the same as they aren't antenna dependent.

The clamps are a bit cheesy on the Itelite sectors in general though these dual-band sectors are the best in that regard. Still, they will only mount to a pipe of 1.5" or less though without modification.
rhaines
US

rhaines

The pictures of the brackets do look a little flimsy.
So did you get the one with the shielded radio compartment?
I wonder if its worth the extra $40.

Eric Ozrelic
join:2009-01-25
Bend, OR

Eric Ozrelic to rhaines

to rhaines
Beware, ePMP 2.4 (and PMP450 2.4) is dual-slant i.e. +-45 deg. You may lose a few dB by using this radio with this antenna.
jacobturner
join:2014-12-30

jacobturner to rhaines

to rhaines
I don't have the model with the radio compartment but if I buy any more I will select that one. Cleaner install and you don't have to fuss with longer than needed jumpers.
rhaines
US

rhaines

Cool, apparently they have a Ubuiquiti version and a Cambium version.
Different mounting hardware for each, I ordered one of each since I plan on building one with UBNT 2ghz and Epmp 5ghz.
If this works, one less antenna per location, might not be a bad deal.
pacmanfan
Premium Member
join:2003-11-22
Mansfield, MO

pacmanfan to rhaines

Premium Member

to rhaines
I really wonder how well these would do in a cluster, with Rocket radios? Front to back ratio looks ok, but I wonder how clean the edges are...