uniqs

Tokidoki
Premium Member
join:2002-08-26
South Richmond Hill, NY

Tokidoki to aurgathor

Premium Member

to aurgathor

Re: Cheatriots are staying true to their name (deflategate)

So now only 11 out of 12 balls were barely under 12.5 PSI? This thing has gone bonkers.

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita

Premium Member

said by Tokidoki:

So now only 11 out of 12 balls were barely under 12.5 PSI? This thing has gone bonkers.

It's media hype, it was designed to make the Patriots look bad going into the superbowl. All of these "reports" and "insider information" are speculation at best, deliberate lies and misinformation at worst, but like other areas of news, are reported as facts so they can be the "FIRST!" at reporting it. Until the NFL releases an official report, everyone else can just stfu. Look at how many times the # of balls were affected changed, then the PSI amounts changed, and so forth.

Wouldn't matter if the league reports no finding of anything, the haters will claim NE paid them off or some equal nonsense. They can't win either way.
Critsmcgee
join:2011-12-02

Critsmcgee

said by captokita:

Wouldn't matter if the league reports no finding of anything, the haters will claim NE paid them off or some equal nonsense. They can't win either way.

If they weren't convicted of cheating before people would give them the benefit of the doubt. If anything like this happens with the Saint's the same thing will happen.

captokita
Premium Member
Calabash, NC

captokita

Premium Member

said by Critsmcgee:

If they weren't convicted of cheating before people would give them the benefit of the doubt. If anything like this happens with the Saint's the same thing will happen.

I agree with you, even if I thought the whole spygate thing was nonsense as well, because if you think NE was the only team doing it, you're blind. NE just was bad at it and got caught.

To the Saints bit though, I feel this is being treated like it's as bad, if not worse, than what NO did. How many stories were done on the news over that? I recall seeing a news story on it, mentioning the coaching staff being suspended, etc, then that was it. I can say I've heard more stories on deflated footballs over the hitlist bit. I don't think suspected deflated footballs rises to the level of putting bounties on opposing teams on who to try to hurt and put out, but that's just me.
Critsmcgee

2 recommendations

Critsmcgee

said by captokita:

said by Critsmcgee:

I agree with you, even if I thought the whole spygate thing was nonsense as well, because if you think NE was the only team doing it, you're blind. NE just was bad at it and got caught.

To the Saints bit though, I feel this is being treated like it's as bad, if not worse, than what NO did. How many stories were done on the news over that? I recall seeing a news story on it, mentioning the coaching staff being suspended, etc, then that was it. I can say I've heard more stories on deflated footballs over the hitlist bit. I don't think suspected deflated footballs rises to the level of putting bounties on opposing teams on who to try to hurt and put out, but that's just me.

It depends where you live and if your interested and/or looking for the articles. There was dozens of things on Bountygate. It was far larger then Spygate or Deflationgate. Bountygate wasn't huge up here but then again Spygate and Deflationgate for that matter wasn't in the South. My family (Florida) really had no idea about Deflationgate when I talked to them before the SB. They had heard of it but had no idea what it was. If it impacts your team or division you hear more then others as you want to know about it. You seek out the stuff as well. If it's in another division and has no impact on you then why bother.

captokita
Premium Member
Calabash, NC

captokita

Premium Member

said by Critsmcgee:

It depends where you live and if your interested and/or looking for the articles. There was dozens of things on Bountygate. It was far larger then Spygate or Deflationgate.

Well, I live in NC, and I remember the story of bountygate - but only the findings/penalties. I'm talking news coverage, not somuch articles. I watch the news every night, (local ABC affiliate and then ABC world news) and some mornings, and I don't recall there being as much coverage of it as this, short of as I said, the finding/penalty. Every night however, there is some mention of deflategate, with their "assumed it's fact before a ruling is issued" approach. So to me, it's like the news reports are making this out to be a bigger deal than bountygate.

capecoddah
join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA

capecoddah to aurgathor

to aurgathor
Indianapolis Colts linebacker D'Qwell Jackson is accused of punching a pizza delivery worker twice in the head after a dispute over a parking space. He was subsequently arrested on Tuesday night in Washington D.C., law enforcement sources told Jennifer Donelan of ABC7.
capecoddah

capecoddah to aurgathor

to aurgathor
Click for full size
Click for full size
OK, I was gonna goof on you guys and show my under-inflated novelty ball.
I had to give it a wash first. Hot water inflated! Freezer deflated!

I have photos.

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor

said by capecoddah:

I have photos.

And I have some new stories.

Patriots Locker Room Attendant Tried to Put Unapproved Ball Into AFC Final: »abcnews.go.com/Sports/pa ··· 29040309
quote:
A locker room attendant for the New England Patriots tried to introduce an unapproved special teams football into last month's AFC Championship Game, the same game at the center of the "Deflategate" allegations, four sources familiar with the investigation told "Outside the Lines."
I'm sure it was purely by accident.

Inspector
join:2000-09-27
Shrewsbury, MA

Inspector

Yes, once again so many sources and so little facts. Here's another man's opinion:
»boston.cbslocal.com/2015 ··· tuation/
18189353 (banned)
join:2014-10-28

18189353 (banned)

said by Inspector:

Yes, once again so many sources and so little facts. Here's another man's opinion:
»boston.cbslocal.com/2015 ··· tuation/

Everyone I know here (New England) just accepts the Pat's are cheaters but whatever it takes to get a SB ring works.

Inspector
Shrewsbury, MA

Inspector

Yes, let's not wait for all the facts.
18189353 (banned)

18189353 (banned)

said by Inspector:

Yes, let's not wait for all the facts.

They have been proven cheaters with Spygate. There's nothing wrong with accepting the fact they are cheaters whether it's once or twice.

Inspector
Shrewsbury, MA

Inspector

No I don't accept the fact that if someone cheats once they always will. And yes, maybe they are guilty this time. But putting people under the bus that may be totally innocent isn't right. Mention their names and even mention where they live. Real nice from these "sources".
18189353 (banned)

18189353 (banned)

said by Inspector:

No I don't accept the fact that if someone cheats once they always will. And yes, maybe they are guilty this time. But putting people under the bus that may be totally innocent isn't right. Mention their names and even mention where they live. Real nice from these "sources".

Belichick has always tried to bend the rules for advantages. While not always cheating he's got a long track record doing that. Maybe they shouldn't keep the bus so close that one small slip puts them under it.

Inspector
Shrewsbury, MA

Inspector

Well everyone can have an opinion,but the "facts" have been so twisted for all this, why not wait for the "real" facts then we can judge.
Good day
18189353 (banned)

18189353 (banned)

said by Inspector:

Well everyone can have an opinion,but the "facts" have been so twisted for all this, why not wait for the "real" facts then we can judge.
Good day

Who says we'll ever get "real" facts? We never did with any other NFL scandals. All we get is half truths before, during, and after.

Inspector
Shrewsbury, MA

1 edit

Inspector

Well after a third party investigation that has taken several weeks and is expected to take several more, I would hope we would have enough information to form some sort of conclusion. Those half truths are why we need to wait for the investigation to be complete. If the NFL doesn't give us all the facts after all this, then it's all on them.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to 18189353

Premium Member

to 18189353
You are arguing with a guy who is a pats supporter
elwoodblues

elwoodblues to Inspector

Premium Member

to Inspector
Let's say they are found cheating, do they hand the SB to the Hawks?
Nooo they'll just slap them on the wrist. Robert Kraft is Goodall's biggest supporter. You don't bite the hand that feeds you

Inspector
Shrewsbury, MA

1 edit

Inspector

Actually you'll find that most NFL owners support Goodall.
Critsmcgee

Critsmcgee

said by Inspector:

Actually you find that most NFL owners support Goodall.

All 32 support him to run the league. Some support him in other ways beyond that.

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06
DSotM

rockotman

Premium Member

In what "other ways"?
Critsmcgee

Critsmcgee

said by rockotman:

In what "other ways"?

You can answer that yourself. Is business the only thing people do? Can other things outside business influence business decisions?

aurgathor
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor

said by Critsmcgee:

said by rockotman:

In what "other ways"?

You can answer that yourself. Is business the only thing people do? Can other things outside business influence business decisions?

Well, they may make photos together and they may also play golf together, but I'm not sure how much effect should those have on business decisions.

Anyhow, I'd also like to know your "other ways".

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Photos with each other, in their respective homes? As for playing golf, us Canadians in the Canadian broadband forum, use it as euphemism, when the big telcoms provide "incentives" to the regulator.

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06
DSotM

rockotman to Critsmcgee

Premium Member

to Critsmcgee
said by Critsmcgee:

said by rockotman:

In what "other ways"?

Why do I have to answer it myself? If you are insinuating nefarious dealings, you should cite facts. You brought it up, I am asking for facts that back up your assertions. If you are not insinuating nefarious acts, then I wonder why you even made such a cryptic statement.
Expand your moderator at work

aurgathor
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor

Re: Cheatriots are staying true to their name (deflategate)

There will be one less way to bend the rules next year:
quote:
The New England Patriots took advantage of the rules to beat the Baltimore Ravens in the postseason. On Wednesday, the NFL changed the rules.
[...]
The rule has been changed as such: A player with an eligible receiver’s number (Nos. 1-49 and 80-89) must line up within the tackle box; if they line up incorrectly, a 5-yard penalty for illegal substitution will be levied.

»sports.yahoo.com/blogs/n ··· 438.html
18189353 (banned)

2 recommendations

18189353 (banned)

said by aurgathor:

There will be one less way to bend the rules next year:

quote:
The New England Patriots took advantage of the rules to beat the Baltimore Ravens in the postseason. On Wednesday, the NFL changed the rules.
[...]
The rule has been changed as such: A player with an eligible receiver’s number (Nos. 1-49 and 80-89) must line up within the tackle box; if they line up incorrectly, a 5-yard penalty for illegal substitution will be levied.

»sports.yahoo.com/blogs/n ··· 438.html

All that means is they'll exploit a new rule. That's the Belichick way!