spc
Search similar:

uniqs
york
join:2013-12-27
Gallatin, MO

york

Link problems help?

i have a ptp link setup with 2 nano station 2 shows 3 bars signal -75 db and a sound floor of -95 about 5 blocks range stable but real slow its 2.4 ghz any help would be much appreciated
jimbouse
join:2011-10-01
Bryan, TX

jimbouse

Please post an AirView of the link. Also post the main page.

You may have better results by posting in Ubiquiti's forums: »community.ubnt.com/t5/cu ··· d/Forums
wirelessdog
join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog to york

to york
In many areas we see the noise floor of 2.4 at -75 or worse...
york
Gallatin, MO

york

Well I adjusted ant from horizontal to vertical and width to 10 mh signal is now a -57 noise floor is still -95 connection is 2 Mbps still on the slow side I beleve. According to the units they claim 12+
wirelessdog
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog

You need to run Airview on both sides of the link as previously stated. The noise floor number is meaningless.

Screen pics of your config would be helpful as well.

Are you using Nanostation 2's or Nanostation M2's?
york
Gallatin, MO

1 edit

york

Ok I will run tonite when I get off work. And get it posted. I am using just the standard nano station 2
wirelessdog
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog

If it a NS2 and not a NSM2 you don't have Airview.
LLigetfa
join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON

LLigetfa to york

to york
I don't know what distance 5 blocks spans so cannot tell by the RSSI how bad the LOS is. If you do have good LOS you might want to consider upgrading to M5 gear as it has a lot more channels to choose from. Also more throughput with dual polarity.
nosomo
join:2008-12-17

nosomo to york

to york
10Mhz on channel 3 or 8 is your best bet. You need a tighter beam to reduce noise. If you have LOS you're better off with 5.8 gear. If LOS isn't that good, get the pbe m2 400 for higher gain / tighter beam / less noise
york
Gallatin, MO

york

i was trying link with the nanostation2 started paying attn seen the ccq was dropping quit low there were quite a few trees in the way upgraded link to airgrid 16 and it done the job perfect. just needed a little more power to push through i guess. ended up going 10mhz and worked perfect
nosomo

nosomo

You should have listened to me and got the PBE/NBE M2-400 - you would have twice the throughput of the airgrid. Airgrid IS NOT MIMO
LLigetfa
join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON

LLigetfa

The OP didn't say what speed he needed out of the link. Since the signal improved from -75 to -57 when he changed polarity, it suggests that the other polarity is hosed so dual polarity might not double the speed.

The OP didn't say he changed polarity on both sides, so maybe he had one H and the other V in which case forget what I said above.
york
Gallatin, MO

1 edit

york

Click for full size
well i figured there was no use in going over what my connection was so this worked out perfect able to stream netflix, voip, and browse at same time. there is a airview as well
nosomo

nosomo

said by york:

well i figured there was no use in going over what my connection was so this worked out perfect able to stream netflix, voip, and browse at same time. there is a airview as well

Over the last decade some providers have increased their speeds by 10x. That's also not to mention any data sharing amongst computers.