spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

tmc8080

to what end?

How is google going to make TMO and Sprint QOS better and/or cheaper?!? None of the exiting mvno's have made an impact!

What a confusing turn of events... does this mean they're going to hit regulatory roadblocks in their Google Fiber TO THE UNSERVED/UNDERSERVED (or monopoly/duopoly price gouged)HOMES of America plans? Stay tuned...

KennyWest
@sbcglobal.net

2 recommendations

KennyWest

Anon

There has never been any regulatory road blocks with GF. It's that Google doesn't want to play fair. Go back and read their issues with KC and wanting to put their fiber lines up above the power lines and didn't want to pay to have it done and cried and cried and stomped their feet over it until things were changed around.

Google is another big baby that needs smacked. and an MVNO? Hardly. The only MVNO that is making an impact is Carl Sims and his companies and Republic Wireless. Otherwise other MVNOs are just repackaged and same priced Sprint services. Plus who wants to use Google as their phone company? Every thing you'd do on that phone will be recorded and tracked for their great services to "improve" how your phone works. The same as they like to keep the GPS on plus your Wifi to "improve" your location results and search. But they don't tell you up front is that they want to use your Wifi to send home the information that they're gobbling up.
mikesco8
join:2006-02-17
Southwick, MA

mikesco8

I would call straight talk a pretty major impact player and you can choose between all 4 with them.

KennyWest
@sbcglobal.net

KennyWest

Anon

You do realize that Straight Talk is Carl Sims right??? it's one of his many MVNOs of the world. He's actually the largest MVNO in the world according to some reports of the company.
mikesco8
Southwick, MA

mikesco8

Nope, did not know, I tried doing a search on it before my post but did not come up with anything. I have been giving him my money the past couple years then.
OldCableGuy (banned)
join:2014-12-19

OldCableGuy (banned) to KennyWest

to KennyWest
Someone with a clue about the real Google, on DSLR?

You're not going to last long here...

saronian
join:1999-09-07
Oakland, CA

saronian to KennyWest

to KennyWest
I think Carlos Slim's América Móvil owns StraightTalk
mikesco8
Southwick, MA

mikesco8

There we go, a little spelling correction makes all the difference in a search.
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

tmc8080 to KennyWest

to KennyWest
I don't see how Google's special deal and so-called whining is all that much worse than the BILLIONS of dollars that telcos have got from the taxpayers over the decades in exchange (in some cases) for NOTHING but shareholder and management bonuses padding. Some subsidy should be expected. The big problem I have with google's decision to get into MVNO cell service is, the market place is a mess. Why associate the Google brand with that right now?!?
It would be better to push ahead with more FTTP deployments in the lost telco cities instead! Once google reaches a some threshhold it will wake telcos up to the fact that they no longer have an incumbency status and profits wich were taken for granted are at risk. NY state is about to hand out 500 Million of the taxpayer's money.. but will get screwed in return. There is really no contest here. Google fiber can become a great last mile ISP business.. they just need to dig deeper into that multi billion dollar warchest and come up with a decent name.. Google Fiber won't cut it..
Paying around $70 for 50 megbit service in NY state sucks... gigabit would be much better.. incumbents just dont' give a crap. They know they've got you.. and take you for granted. So do cell phone companies-- even tmo & sprint-- regardless of churn, customers still demand the product from one of them.