All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
yuppicide
join:2009-06-01
Pahoa, HI

yuppicide

[Speed] What is my download speed and will 150Mbps be available?

I am on the 105Mbps download speed plan. They do advertise 150Mbps in my area (08759 which is zip code for Toms River, Whiting, etc.) but not in my area (Whiting). I got as far as adding it to my shopping cart, then it has me talk with a live chat person.

The first person I got was kind of stupid and annoyed the crap out of me. I told them several times I had my own docsis 3.0 modem and it took them like 3 or 5 minutes to get back to me and say it looks like my modem isn't capable of receiving the higher speeds. I told them again I'm already on the 105Mbps plan and have a modem capable. It took them another 3 or 5 minutes to even answer so I left.

So, anyway I got rid of that person and spoke with someone live on the phone. She seemed better than the previous person. They told me the reason it shows it's available is because the zip code is shared by multiple towns and some areas do have it. So, any idea if there's plans to bring 150Mbps to my area?

And also what is my download speed supposed to be? Do they have any plans to up the upload speed? I don't do a lot of uploading, but I don't see why they can't do it.. Verizon offers it now.

I can get over 120Mbps down, but only 11Mbps up? That's really slow.

train_wreck
slow this bird down
join:2013-10-04
Antioch, TN
Cisco ASA 5506
Cisco DPC3939

train_wreck

[Speed] Re: What is my download speed and will 150Mbps be available?

Some markets have 105/10, which it sounds like yours does. Upgrades vary greatly by region/city, and there isn't a reliable place to find out when/where they will occur.

And i know my area doesn't offer 150, even though there are TV commercials stating that it's available. I was told my CMTS would need upgrading before 150 would be available.
yuppicide
join:2009-06-01
Pahoa, HI

1 edit

yuppicide

Deleted this reply. Rebooted modem and speeds went back up.