uniqs
ragingwolf
join:2003-04-22
Nepean, ON

ragingwolf to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc

Re: TSI Marc-pls allow Zap the Cap enabling to reflect n current month

said by TSI Marc:

Thanks Jay_P. Rocky did a great job when he ran the show, makes sense that many remember it fondly.

Yep, I still remember the day when I first ordered DSL back in the day. Good ol' Rocky was on the phone taking down my order Although it wasn't until a few months after the fact did I realize he was the CEO hehe
redeye95
join:2014-01-22
Mississauga, ON

redeye95 to btech805

to btech805
said by btech805:

said by HeadSpinning:

said by btech805:

The only situation that may work would be limiting a consumer's speeds to sub 5 meg once they go over their limit. Thats 24/7, not just during peak.

That would still create peaks at the beginning of the month and lower utilization towards the end as people hit their limit. Wouldn't help at all.

This wouldn't help much for TSI under the current rate structure, but it may help the customer save a few bucks should they go over. Have three options. 400Gb, unlimited, Ztc or the throttle package. Full bore until 400.1GB then 1-2 mbps the rest of the billing cycle. It would save the consumer $50 and TSI could charge the consumer a minimal fee (say $10) for the overage as the usage would be minimal.

Again, it isn't a great plan for the ISP under the structure of the way capacity is bought and sold, however it does add another option. One that, if tweaked properly, could be another "revenue tool" as the Wynne government likes to say, for TSI.

lol... ZtS plan... Zap The Speed to ISDN speeds... Bonded ISDN? (128kbps up/down), or just ISDN? (64kbps up/down) during the last 5 GB of cap...

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

Thanks Jay_P. Rocky did a great job when he ran the show, makes sense that many remember it fondly.

Yep, it was a different set of challenges then, on a smaller scale...

TSI has faces much more diverse and difficult challenges now and in the future.
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805 to redeye95

to redeye95
said by redeye95:

lol... ZtS plan... Zap The Speed to ISDN speeds... Bonded ISDN? (128kbps up/down), or just ISDN? (64kbps up/down) during the last 5 GB of cap...

ZtS...catchy right Marc? Lol

SwitchtoTSI
@rogers.com

SwitchtoTSI

Anon

said by btech805:

ZtS...catchy

Since ZtS is based on lowering speed at prime time, would it presume changing a subscriber's connection profile to a different one during these times?

How a VDSL subscriber can find out his connection profile via Telnet or otherwise, like one of these »TekSavvy FAQ »DSL: What are the various profiles available? If this info is posted on a public forum, the public has the right to know how to find it out (without call ISP), otherwise it looks like a privileged club in the middle of a popular public forum. Couldn't find that info using Search.
BrianON
join:2011-09-30
Ottawa, ON

BrianON

said by SwitchtoTSI :

Since ZtS is based on lowering speed at prime time, would it presume changing a subscriber's connection profile to a different one during these times?

No. They limit how much data gets sent to the main provider (Rogers, Bell, etc) to pass along to you.

SwitchtoTSI
@rogers.com

SwitchtoTSI

Anon

The profiles also show download and upload guaranteed by a plan speed thresholds for one's line, and these aren't physical line limits but programmed speed, i.e. data per sec limits. So what's the difference?