Search similar:

uniqs
H_T_R_N (banned)
join:2011-12-06
Valencia, PA

H_T_R_N (banned)

Spam filtering

Has anyone ever used MX Guard Dog: www.mxguarddog.com
I came across it while searching for additional filters.

smunro622
Premium Member
join:2006-02-15
united state

smunro622

Premium Member

Never used them, used barracuda which wasnt bad. Do you want a cloud or a on prem solution?
H_T_R_N (banned)
Valencia, PA

H_T_R_N (banned)

said by smunro622:

Never used them, used barracuda which wasnt bad. Do you want a cloud or a on prem solution?

Right now I'm just looking. I dont want to limit my options, so cloud or local is not a factor yet.
AsherN
Premium Member
join:2010-08-23
Thornhill, ON

AsherN to H_T_R_N

Premium Member

to H_T_R_N
we use CanIT from Roaring Penguin. We have in on prem, but they also offer hosted. Very flexible and it does a great job.

smunro622
Premium Member
united state

smunro622 to H_T_R_N

Premium Member

to H_T_R_N
from a gartner point and have used cisco and proof point are the leaders hands down.
I guess what do you want it to use re; what is the business case.
are you doing any tls, or encrypting email, do you need to integrate it with dlp?

I also have used Websense and like them a lot. If you need any info let me know m ore then willing to share what i have.
tomdlgns
Premium Member
join:2003-03-21

tomdlgns to H_T_R_N

Premium Member

to H_T_R_N
take a look at www.messagelabs.com

edit- it was message labs when we signed up for it, they were bought out a while ago.
H_T_R_N (banned)
Valencia, PA

H_T_R_N (banned)

Looks like symantec bought them.

smunro622
Premium Member
united state

smunro622 to H_T_R_N

Premium Member

to H_T_R_N
correct symantec bought them a few years ago they have a on prem and cloud offering.

»www.symantec.com/email-s ··· y-cloud/
H_T_R_N (banned)
Valencia, PA

H_T_R_N (banned)

said by smunro622:

correct symantec bought them a few years ago they have a on prem and cloud offering.

»www.symantec.com/email-s ··· y-cloud/

Thanks, I quickly waded through the info, what are you guys paying? I have about 100 users now but might need 150-200 by year's end.
AsherN
Premium Member
Thornhill, ON

AsherN

Premium Member

I'm paying $1000/year for 200 licenses of CanIt
H_T_R_N (banned)
Valencia, PA

H_T_R_N (banned)

said by AsherN:

Less than I thought, thanks.
amungus
Premium Member
join:2004-11-26
America

amungus to H_T_R_N

Premium Member

to H_T_R_N
Have never heard about mxgudarddog. Interesting premise.

Have had a Barracuda here for quite some time, and it does well enough for the most part. Not perfect, but then what is.

Used to have Postini, right before Google bought them but licensing (and managing users) got a little out of hand during a period of rapid growth, so we switched and haven't looked back.

exocet_cm
Writing
Premium Member
join:2003-03-23
Brooklyn, NY

exocet_cm to H_T_R_N

Premium Member

to H_T_R_N
My friend is using MXGuardDog and loves it. We use Messagelabs (Symantec) at work and it does a good job.
H_T_R_N (banned)
Valencia, PA

H_T_R_N (banned)

said by exocet_cm:

My friend is using MXGuardDog and loves it. We use Messagelabs (Symantec) at work and it does a good job.

I set it up for 3 domains, and its working great! Its not very polished but it works. I worry about services like this that are next to nothing in price. They all go away at some point.

Veloslave
Geek For God
Premium Member
join:2003-07-11
Martinez, CA

Veloslave to H_T_R_N

Premium Member

to H_T_R_N
Pretty darn happy with my Barracuda... no issues, very very few things slipping through and when one does dealing with it is smooth.
H_T_R_N (banned)
Valencia, PA

H_T_R_N (banned)

said by Veloslave:

Pretty darn happy with my Barracuda... no issues, very very few things slipping through and when one does dealing with it is smooth.

I think I have resolved myself to a hosted service. If I were to use an appliance I think I would just RMO.
amungus
Premium Member
join:2004-11-26
America

amungus

Premium Member

That's cool, but consider your time and efforts spent on an "RMO" solution
I suppose there are some out there that are worth it, but the value for Barracuda in my view is that it's one less thing I have to worry about with any regularity.
reallybigabe
join:2015-01-27

reallybigabe to H_T_R_N

to H_T_R_N
I have an increasing love for Fortinet stuff.
I just threw in an HA cluster of FortiMail, configured them over the last week and changing my MX records on Thursday or Friday. I also have a rather ...non-technical userbase - so the spam reporting and self-releasing etc was easy to customize and make them feel right at home. Plus, the more specific branding, the more focused a phishing attempt has to be.
H_T_R_N (banned)
Valencia, PA

H_T_R_N (banned) to AsherN

to AsherN
said by AsherN:

I tried to get pricing from them and it was like pulling teeth. I was given a price of $995 for 100 users, I have no idea if that is monthly, quarterly, yearly or even what it includes. I like to know price matrix before purchasing anything. I was asked to give then a number of users I was planning on and they would give me a price. I gave up on them. If its that hard to get pricing then they are trying to hide something. I have removed them from the list.
AsherN
Premium Member
Thornhill, ON

AsherN

Premium Member

said by H_T_R_N:

said by AsherN:

I tried to get pricing from them and it was like pulling teeth. I was given a price of $995 for 100 users, I have no idea if that is monthly, quarterly, yearly or even what it includes. I like to know price matrix before purchasing anything. I was asked to give then a number of users I was planning on and they would give me a price. I gave up on them. If its that hard to get pricing then they are trying to hide something. I have removed them from the list.

It's yearly, likely hosted. I didn't have any problem. Told them the number of users and asked for pricing both hosted and on prem.
mark1239
join:2000-07-13
Brandon, FL

mark1239 to H_T_R_N

to H_T_R_N
I've been using Nugget Networks hosted spam filtering for years now. It works decent for the price - One domain with up to 100,000 incoming messages per month: $9.95. Works about the same as mxguarddog without the taglines and great tech support.

»mail-in.nuggetnetworks.c ··· rial.php
rugby
I think I know it all.
join:2000-09-26
Plainfield, IN

rugby to AsherN

to AsherN
said by AsherN:

we use CanIT from Roaring Penguin. We have in on prem, but they also offer hosted. Very flexible and it does a great job.

We use their on-prem solution virtualized on Proxmox and it works great. We've used them for years. Great support, and the product flat out works.

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium Member
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy to H_T_R_N

Premium Member

to H_T_R_N
IronPort (now Cisco.)

I was a beta customer for the C-series appliances way back when. Totally blew me away - fantastic product. Highly recommended.

As for Fortinet... My customers call it 'Fortifail'. Their VPN concentrator, specifically. Just doesn't scale. I'm sure it works fine for many customers, but this one can be particularly demanding.