All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Lazz
@verizon.net

Lazz

Anon

Any luck in getting Deals on Premium Channels/Entertainment Packs?

Hi all,

I'm currently in a Fully Loaded Entertainment Pack. (Have had it 3 years, it includes EVERY Premium Channel - I don't even think they have a similar package like this one anymore).

Anyway, regular monthly price is 41.99. I'm just about to end some promotion, where I was getting half off of this package (that made it 20.99 a month). This promotion ends for me at the end of this month, in about a week.

Along with this promotion (and don't ask me how I have this - maybe others have a similar discount as well?), but I'm getting 18.99 a month off as an "HBO Discount". This, also, is expiring on Jan 31st.

So my question is, for those who may have come across similar lately - What are my chances of obtaining additional discounts on these Premium Channels, once these expire? Anyone go through this lately? Anyone have any luck in getting a new discount?

Also, does anyone know anything about this "HBO Discount" that I was getting? Any others get similar, and if so - how??

Thanks in advance.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky

The only promotion I know of that is currently going on is the Quantum Ultimate HD triple play deal. This promotion includes all premium channels, but the caveat is, any premium channels that you currently subscribe to you have to continue paying for. So if you were going to take this deal your best bet would be to cancel any premium channels you have now and then call in to get the deal. If you don't want that, they usually have the 50% off for 12 months deal for most of the premium channels.
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz

What some do is cancel the pack then a few days later if they qualify sign back up for it at the half off again. The package still exists, but the prices are a little higher now. $24.99 reg. $48.99.
50% off is the only thing going on for it unless you sign a new contract with the promo Mac mentioned....if you qualify for it. I believe that promo might have ended though since it was a holiday offer. Might still be available as the page for it is still up. »campaign.verizon.com/hol ··· N_X00009
The flyers I've been getting in the mail lately have new offers basically with 50% off for the premium channels so 50% off is really all they ever offer for the premium channels.

BranchOut
@parkschool.net

BranchOut

Anon

Retention gave me Free HBO 1 year a few months ago
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz

Fios always gives HBO by itself out for free. They were even tossing it out to random customers.
billhere
join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

billhere

I signed up for the half-price fully loaded entertainment pack some time ago. I decided after about six months that I was only watching HBO programs. I actually cut all of them and later signed up for HBO only at $10 per month.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to Lazz

to Lazz
Retention gave me 24 months of free HBO just last week.