spc
Search similar:

uniqs

FallenAnjel
join:2011-04-07
East Cupcake

FallenAnjel

[iO] Silver HD DVR Box

I'm considering getting a flat screen and I'd need an HD box. (Yes I still have a CRT lol). I have a few questions.

Does Optimum still give out the old Silver HD DVR boxes? Or will I get a Samsung? I Have all the old boxes and am perfectly happy w/ those. If I remember correctly only peole who have samsung boxes have that crappy new "15 min only" pause and cannot rewind. Are those synonymous w/ the Samsung boxes or Multi-room DvR? If I have to give up the "old" pause/rewind I'll just stick w/ my CRT and my SA8300.

Thanks.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

The Samsung box is not a DVR - it uses the MR-DVR service.

You can still get the old stand-alone DVR if you ask for it. But the SA8300 is an HD box. If you already have it, why do you need another one?
RemyM
join:2005-02-14
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM to FallenAnjel

to FallenAnjel
So you have a standard def SA8300 now and want a SA8300HD. They still have some, but most likely will be used. I turned mine in 3 weeks ago when I switched to TiVo and I saw several others being turned in too. They had some on the racks in my store to give out.

FallenAnjel
join:2011-04-07
East Cupcake

FallenAnjel

said by Thinkdiff:

The Samsung box is not a DVR - it uses the MR-DVR service. But the SA8300 is an HD box. If you already have it, why do you need another one?

Ok so the Samsung boxes can ONLY use MR DVR. There is one Samsung in the house but we do not have MR DVR.

I do not have an HD 8300 box, that would be an SA8300HD.
said by RemyM:

So you have a standard def SA8300 now and want a SA8300HD.

Correct. I'm happy that I can still get the silver boxes. I like the silver boxes. They work, especially after they did some upgrading last year and got the kinks worked out. There's still a couple quirks but they don't impede any functions of the box. I'm quite happy with it now. If it's not broke I'm not fixing it.

When the time comes that only Samsung boxes are required I will be getting rid of cable altogether or getting a TiVO. I'm literally 90 seconds from the water, up on a hill and can get over 20 Connecticut channels with just a simple indoor antenna. (Pluse I have netflix).

Cable tv has come (and gone) a long way since the days of those tan boxes w/ the slider switch and you only (ONLY) got 25-30 channels lol.

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

limegrass69

You can use the MR-DVR on ANY box that Cablevision provides...including the SA8300/SA8300HD.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff to FallenAnjel

MVM,

to FallenAnjel
said by FallenAnjel:

I do not have an HD 8300 box, that would be an SA8300HD.

My mistake - didn't realize there was an SA8300 non-HD.

FallenAnjel1
@optonline.net

FallenAnjel1

Anon

No worries!