Link Logger
MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

1 recommendation

Link Logger

MVM

Google's Project Zero reveals three Apple OS X zero-day vulnerabilities

After releasing some Microsoft zero day exploits for exceeding their self imposed 90 day limit, Google releases 3 Apple OS X zero days for exceeding the same 90 day limit.
quote:
The first flaw, "OS X networkd "effective_audit_token" XPC type confusion sandbox escape," which involves circumvention of commands in the network system, may be mitigated in OS X Yosemite, but there is no clear explaination of whether this is the case. The second vulnerability documents "OS X IOKit kernel code execution due to NULL pointer dereference in IntelAccelerator," and finally, the third, "OS X IOKit kernel memory corruption due to bad bzero in IOBluetoothDevice." includes an exploit related to OS X's kernel structure.

»www.zdnet.com/article/go ··· ilities/

Google is making friends everywhere now aren't they.

Blake
EdmundGerber
join:2010-01-04

1 recommendation

EdmundGerber

I'd wish they'd fix their own stuff - I've a long list of google apps that I refuse to update, as the update is worse than the original.

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

StuartMW to Link Logger

Premium Member

to Link Logger
said by Link Logger:

Google is making friends everywhere now aren't they.

I think Google thinks it's big enough now to do as it pleases. And they do.

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN

1 recommendation

Blackbird

Premium Member

said by StuartMW:

... I think Google thinks it's big enough now to do as it pleases. And they do.

In any case, it makes for some good theater: Godzilla vs Megalon vs Gamera. The observer can assign whichever company to whichever character...

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

StuartMW

Premium Member

said by Blackbird:

In any case, it makes for some good theater...

Just as long as you're watching from a distance As I recall Godzilla makes a mess.

Link Logger
MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

Link Logger

MVM

Ultimately this could turn into a very interesting pissing match and I have my doubts that Google could win a two front war.

Blake