uniqs

lhvetinari
yaW gnorW
join:2008-09-26
Kenosha/Chgo

lhvetinari

IP Office Call Listening Question

Hello all,

I have an Avaya IP Office 500 V5.0 system on which I would like to enable a given group of 5 administrative members the ability to listen in on out call center employee's calls. The steps I've taken (at advice of this site):

Created new Huntgroup labeled TEST GROUP, added all users that need listening ability.

Configured users that will be listened to accordingly: Set "Monitor Group" to TEST GROUP. Unchecked "Can Intrude", they don't need to. Unchecked "Cannot Be Intruded".

Tested using the shortcode * 46 * XYZ # where XYZ is the extension that's been enabled for listening.

No matter which one of the 5 administrator phones I test it on, I still get a "CALL BUSY, disc" error with a busy tone playing.

This is my first business with IP Office, so excuse me if it's something simple I'm not noticing.
HarryH3
Premium Member
join:2005-02-21

HarryH3

Premium Member

You'll find some very knowledgeable VoIP folks hanging out in the VoIP forum here: »VOIP Tech Chat

lhvetinari
yaW gnorW
Kenosha/Chgo

lhvetinari

Update: Do to urgency, I posted this to multiple sites. The answer came from Thephonemn of TekTips. I didn't realise I needed to add both the admins and the people being listened to to the monitor group.
lawsoncl
join:2008-10-28
Spirit Lake, ID

lawsoncl to lhvetinari

to lhvetinari

I assume you have the "this call may be monitored" warning for incoming callers? Even if Illinois law is okay with one-party notification, you can run into situations where a call originates from a state that requires two-party notification.

djtim21
It's all good
Premium Member
join:2003-12-22
Lake Villa, IL

djtim21

Premium Member

said by lawsoncl:

I assume you have the "this call may be monitored" warning for incoming callers? Even if Illinois law is okay with one-party notification, you can run into situations where a call originates from a state that requires two-party notification.

So - there is some confusion on this topic. The last company I worked for, we had to deal with this in multiple states. If you are recording and storing conversations you must announce this in some fashion, and really - you don't need to announce it via a recording, you could have your sales/customer agent announce a greeting that has this statement.

The whole language/word "Monitored" is ambiguous at best. Some companies prefer to use the word "monitor" so it doesn't sound as threatening as "recorded" Now - if your call is just "listened to", technically - you don't need to announce it unless the call is actually being listened to.

So - best practice is to record a pre-announcement, but the announcement is not required if the call isn't actually being recorded.

lhvetinari
yaW gnorW
Kenosha/Chgo

lhvetinari

We record some users and monitor others - we warn with a recording when you call, and the employees sign a contract stating their understand this.

liht
Acryllicht
join:2000-07-11
Tucson, AZ

liht to lhvetinari

to lhvetinari
yeah, tek-tips is probably the best place for these answers. I'm there all the time on the ip office forum.