amungus
Premium Member
join:2004-11-26
America

amungus

Premium Member

Southwestern Bell Corp

Loving some of these comments today.

They're doing "a lot of thinking" are they? ...How can it possibly take more than 2 seconds to see that this is a waste of time.

SBC bought AT&T, but they kept AT&T, as it's certainly more "nationally" recognizable, and that was arguably an OK move to keep that name instead of SBC. It also made sense to "re-combine" parts of the shattered pieces of the "ma bell" network, and it was all "terrestrial" telephony/data.

This, I just don't think so. I mean, come on, DirecTV. It's simple. It works. It makes sense.

Guess they could rip off Echostar
- BORGSTAR
- DeathBorg
- DirecBorg
- DirecBell
- SpaceBell
- SpaceBall
....ok, I give up now

edit: I'm not super hopeful that they merge. It would probably not benefit very many people.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd

Premium Member

Another thing is that DirectTV is a known name, In some cases its almost become synonymous with that kind of service because they were one of the first in the US small dish business(vs the big C-Band units).
amungus
Premium Member
join:2004-11-26
America

amungus

Premium Member

Indeed.

"dish" or "mini-dish" are usually the terms I use most often, as it's generic, but both they and "Dish/Echostar" are well known for really opening up the "Satellite TV" market by shrinking the size of the things and making it simple/usable/affordable for a great many more people than any of the old C-Band setups.

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
·StarLink

SimbaSeven to amungus

to amungus
said by amungus:

- SpaceBall

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· FljlIGhc

KennyWest
@sbcglobal.net

KennyWest to Kearnstd

Anon

to Kearnstd
Actually not that well know as people still have no clue how to spell the name. There is only 1 T. DirecTV.