Search similar:

uniqs
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

tmc8080

reseller of garbage..

Google reselling TMO & Sprint without investing billions in the deployment of hundreds of thousands of cell sites.. is just about as good as Google reselling toilet paper (used)..

meaning, it's a tough uphill sell to make crap better than how Tracfone currently soaks up all ATT & Verizon's extra "surplus spectrum" while discriminating against their own post paid customers with overcharging on metered and/or throttled bandwidth.. when they could be offering them better service at a lower price! acting in the public interest is against the corporate charter as rewritten by shareholders and overpaid executives in the said companies..

v6movement
@pppoe.ca

1 recommendation

v6movement

Anon

said by tmc8080:

Google reselling TMO & Sprint without investing billions in the deployment of hundreds of thousands of cell sites.. is just about as good as Google reselling toilet paper (used)..

I'll take TMO & Sprint "garbage" over Verizon & AT&T "garbage" any day. It just isn't worth spending an arm and a leg and some more arms for so little.

SysOp
join:2001-04-18
Atlanta, GA

SysOp

I agree. If you live, work and play and stay inside TMO/Sprint coverage, why pay more?

If you travel for work in areas that TMO/Sprint are not available, then it becomes a business expense that the business pays for and we wouldn't be having a conversation about it.
NoHereNoMo
join:2012-12-06

NoHereNoMo to tmc8080

to tmc8080
Coverage over the rest of the country in places where I neither live nor travel means nothing to me. T-Mobile coverage in my area is great--has been for the 5 years I've had it. Costs less, works fine. Those coverage maps that Verizon and at&t promote are ridiculous; they mean nothing beyond finding if your own area is covered. Nobody [I hope] cares if the rest of the country has coverage ['cause if they do then they're paying more for something they'll never use].
existenz
join:2014-02-12

existenz to v6movement

to v6movement
Using 10-60GB/month on Sprint unlimited, and travel often. They are getting better every month even in more rural areas they have agreements. If Google keeps unlimited and can use both carriers on same phone, I'll switch.

AnonDude
@charter.com

AnonDude to SysOp

Anon

to SysOp
said by SysOp:

I agree. If you live, work and play and stay inside TMO/Sprint coverage, why pay more?

IF that's the big issue. T-Mobile and Sprint continue to ignore large swaths of the US. The irony here is all they have to do is build out and they WOULD be TRUE competitors and at&t Verizon WOULD have to compete on price. The one's to blame for at&t and Verizon's high prices are Sprint and T-Mobile.

There is no way Verizon and At&t continue to have the pricing they do if Sprint and T-Mobile also had 4G coverage to 300+ million Americans.
existenz
join:2014-02-12

existenz

Sprint has made a lot of new LTE agreements with rural partners - I think it appears as native service, not roaming. 800LTE/voice rollout also helping coverage a lot.

If Google allows Sprint/TMO near auto switching from same phone, anyone already on Sprint/TMO may as well get the best of both - and many not on them may consider it now that combined. And if Google Wireless is unlimited or very cheap on data, that could be major.
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

tmc8080 to v6movement

to v6movement
thus far, TMO & Sprint have not been able to resell 1 year of cell phone service at or under $100 (les than $10 a month!!) with buckets of minutes/txts/data-- Tracfone apparently can on the Verizon network.

Take your pick.. a rotting Verizon 3g network is loads cheaper (if not better) than the overpriced, yet underperforming TMO & Sprint network. You can't buy much on TMO & Sprint for under $25 a month unless it's a bundle/special deal few have access to or qualify for (excepting assurance wireless).
NoHereNoMo
join:2012-12-06

NoHereNoMo to AnonDude

to AnonDude
Truly, T-Mobile only competes in areas where they have service, and NOBODY in those areas cares about whether or not they compete in other areas, which is why they're grabbing more customers in those areas--good service at a better price than Verizon and at&t offer.