All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Drewfa
@fuse.net

Drewfa

Anon

Cincinnati Bell FiOptics for two restaurants.

Good evening everyone. I would like to know if anyone can give me some general information in regards to how to deal with Cincy Bell throughout the installation of a fiber network at our two restaurants.

This situation: We own two restuarants. One which we have owned for 19 years and one which will be opening in the next few months. In my dealings with cincinnati bell they have finally proposed me some decent internet options where they will build out fiber to each building. What they proposed to me was a $220 per month 50Mbit/20Mbit at our old location, and a $300 per month 100Mbit/50Mbit connection at the new location. This according to our rep is the minimum service we can acquire from them to justify the build out of fiber to our buildings. Also, since we do not own either of these buildings, I'm going to ask the building owners if they can share any of the cost with us being that it will be a tremendous upgrade in internet offerings to ALL of the tenants of the buildings. Both buildings have multiple tenants.

So with that said I want to ensure they are installing things in the best possible way. What kind of questions should I ask them? What should I request? The only thing I made sure of is that they are NOT installing fiber to the node and are indeed installing fiber to the building itself. Other than that I don't know what to look out for. Also, after the build out is complete, when our contract expires shouldn't we be able to re-rate our internet plan?

Thanks to everyone in advance for your thoughts.
Drewfa

Drewfa

Anon

I forgot to mention that we will also have 2 TV's at the new location with service provided by FiOptics.
CVGNet
join:2012-04-10
Cincinnati, OH

CVGNet

CB's business rates are generally different and higher than consumer rates. The services quoted do not sound like VDSL/FTTN.

CB actually has a fairly extensive business fiber network installed - especially in multi-tenant commercial properties. If you know what to look for you can generally stroll around the buildings/area and see what is already in place.

What do you actually want to get from the connectivity? Site to site connectivity? Internet access for business? Internet access for customers?