spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Sprinkle Head
join:2001-03-10

1 edit

Sprinkle Head

[STB] Multi room dvr

I'm scheduled to have Fios installed next week. I received a package that contains the Stb/Dvr. When I placed the order, I place the order for two TVs and multi room dvr service. What I received is the Arris vms1100 and Arris ipc1100p2.

The two tv rental charge is 15.98 a month
Dvr service is 12.00 a month

Did I receive the correct equipment?
Based on the FAQ, I received equipment that is not listed. Is this equipment for the quantum service? if so I did not order that service. Any thoughts?

THanks in advance!

SH

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

Re: Multi room dvr

said by Sprinkle Head:

Yes. VZ has been shipping the Quantum VMS1100 and IPC1100 in lieu of the Multi-room DVR.
Only two of the six tuners are enabled.

Sprinkle Head

Sprinkle Head

Thanks for the response. I thought that I received the wrong equipment.

Do you know the storage capacity on the vas 1100?

More Fiber
MVM
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

1TB. To my knowledge the storage is not reduced when configured for multi-room DVR.

The 7232 is 500GB, but does support up to 2TB external storage. The VMS does not support external storage at this time.

Sprinkle Head

Sprinkle Head

Thanks again More Fiber!

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl to More Fiber

Premium Member

to More Fiber
said by More Fiber:

1TB. To my knowledge the storage is not reduced when configured for multi-room DVR.

Storage is reduced. See a post by Nycdave when someone downgraded:

»Re: Downgraded from Quantum to Normal DVR service, get to keep VMS box
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz

Yea storage is reduced to match the older boxes. Customers are getting the new boxes in case they ever upgrade so they can easily do so without having to send it back and get new equipment. Smart imo.

More Fiber
MVM
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber to matcarl

MVM

to matcarl
Thanks matcarl See Profile. I had forgotten nycdave See Profile had posted that.

They say memory is the second thing to go, and I don't remember the first.

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

said by More Fiber:

They say memory is the second thing to go, and I don't remember the first.

Lol, good one!

Lex Luthor
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Hicksville, NY

Lex Luthor to Sprinkle Head

Mod

to Sprinkle Head
I have the 7232 mrdvr now. Is there any reason that I'd want the quantum box? If so, would they even entertain swapping it out?

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Of course they would entertain it if you want to pay more for it. I would wait until the upcoming bug fix though.
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz to Lex Luthor

to Lex Luthor
said by Lex Luthor:

I have the 7232 mrdvr now. Is there any reason that I'd want the quantum box? If so, would they even entertain swapping it out?

Unless you are upgrading to Quantum for more tuners there's no point.

MeatChicken
join:2007-08-15
Paramus, NJ

MeatChicken to More Fiber

to More Fiber
said by More Fiber:

said by Sprinkle Head:

Yes. VZ has been shipping the Quantum VMS1100 and IPC1100 in lieu of the Multi-room DVR.
Only two of the six tuners are enabled.

Wow , so he actually Loses 1 tuner, as compared to the old equipment .. ( 2 tuners in 7232, + 1 tuner in a 7100 = 3 Tuners )
If this is correct, then with the "new" MDVR he would Not be able to record 2 shows on the DVR, while watching a 3rd channel on the remote room box, even though the old boxes of course could, & the new equipment "can" as well ???
Vz should be actitivating 2 tuners for the VMS1100, + 1 additional for each IPC when a customer orders MDVR, so as not to make the new equipment a "downgrade" from older equip..

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Wow, good point Meat. I wonder if anyone else knew this. It doesn't pay to get multiroom DVR on the new boxes without Quantum then.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by matcarl:

Wow, good point Meat. I wonder if anyone else knew this. It doesn't pay to get multiroom DVR on the new boxes without Quantum then.

They probably do that intentionally to lure more people into upgrading to Quantum.
Betamax76
join:2008-10-16
Canonsburg, PA

Betamax76 to MeatChicken

to MeatChicken
said by MeatChicken:

Wow , so he actually Loses 1 tuner, as compared to the old equipment .. ( 2 tuners in 7232, + 1 tuner in a 7100 = 3 Tuners )
If this is correct, then with the "new" MDVR he would Not be able to record 2 shows on the DVR, while watching a 3rd channel on the remote room box, even though the old boxes of course could, & the new equipment "can" as well ???
Vz should be actitivating 2 tuners for the VMS1100, + 1 additional for each IPC when a customer orders MDVR, so as not to make the new equipment a "downgrade" from older equip..

With this setup, only two tuners on the server are enabled for recording or watching from the VMS box, but the remaining four tuners are reserved for additional client boxes. The client boxes still have their own dedicated tuner in this setup but it is for live TV only; you can't pause and rewind live TV from the client boxes.

VzKid
@mycingular.net

VzKid

Anon

^^^^^^this