join:2009-06-21
Utopia

1 edit

Arne Bolen to lmartin12

Premium Member

to lmartin12

Re: [Anveo] What do I need to make calls with Anveo Direct

said by lmartin12:

This afternoon my dashbourd said I used 9 platform minutes and this evening I noticed it changed to 1.

Simple explanation.

The billing system uses UTC time zone, so at 7pm EST it's 12am UTC.
lmartin12
join:2014-12-19
Ezel, KY

lmartin12 to Arne Bolen

to Arne Bolen
said by Arne Bolen:

I suggest you have only one "Outbound Call Flow" in "Call Flow for Outbound Calls".

In the Pattern box you should have:
1NXXNXXXXXX

Did that. I also put three robo talks after sip uri in the call flow. Did a test call to my cell and it said error and hung up.
lmartin12

lmartin12 to Arne Bolen

to Arne Bolen
Click for full size
Current sip uri confige with prefix changed for security

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

Are you sure the Dialing Prefix is the same in both Anveo Retail and Anveo Direct?
Please remember letters are case-sensitive.

For testing I suggest you use the settings in the screenshot below, of course with your own Dialing Prefix.

Do you use sip.anveo.com in your Obi device?

lmartin12
Ezel, KY

lmartin12

I'll have to do more double checking and testing tomorrow. I better get to bed before I go crazy. Thanks a lot for your help. Goodnight
anveo
Premium Member
join:2010-02-08

2 recommendations

anveo to lmartin12

Premium Member

to lmartin12
Both Arne and bw5745 came up with very cool and creative solutions. However, Anveo Direct uses IP authentication and your Anveo Direct trunk must include all Anveo IPs.
Having only 72.9.149.69 IP address is not enough even if you use Anveo POP in US (which uses multiple VOIP nodes behind the scene).

Add at least the following IPs
lmartin12
Ezel, KY

lmartin12

Thanks Anveo
I'll have to give that a try tomorrow.
lmartin12

lmartin12 to anveo

to anveo
I could not let that rest for the night. I put all those IPs in and hooray a call to my cell went though and it showed up in CDR on Anveo Direct.
Thanks Anveo for the very helpful info.

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen to lmartin12

Premium Member

to lmartin12
said by lmartin12:

I'll have to do more double checking and testing tomorrow. I better get to bed before I go crazy.

Goodnight. I'm confident it eventually will work for you. I will check this thread tomorrow.
Arne Bolen

Arne Bolen to anveo

Premium Member

to anveo
said by anveo:

Add at least the following IPs

Thanks for posting the IP addresses. They are now in my Anveo Direct account.
lmartin12
Ezel, KY

lmartin12 to Arne Bolen

to Arne Bolen
Hi again.

It has been working good today. Those IP addresses did the trick thanks to Anveo.

A few more questions if you have time.

We call our home number frequently for intercom use. Also my brother with an Anveo number. Those calls thru retail are no charge. The 1NXXNXXXXXX pattern sends them to Anveo direct with all the other numbers and uses my platform minutes and Anveo Direct charges me about $0.004 per min. The 4/10th of a cent is not a concern but I think the platform minutes are going to get me. Is there a way to exclude those numbers from the pattern? I would just use extention numbers but my wife is so used to dialing the numbers. Also I would like to make different termination trunk in Anveo Direct for the problem area (1 315 389 xxxx). How can I exclude those numbers from the main pattern? Any ideas?

Does any one know if the 60 platform minutes is for the whole account or per sub account?

I think it would be nice to put something in the call flow that would lookup the rate for a given number in Anveo Direct and say it to me using robo talk. That way I would know if I was calling an expensive area and could keep the call short. If it was one of those $0.0009 numbers I would know it and could talk as long as I like.
Is it possible? Not a big deal if it is not possible.

I was looking at Anveo Direct DIDs a bit and am not sure it is for me. My incoming calls are enough that the by the minute DID would be more than the $4 unlimited buisiness DID I have with Retail. With the unlimited Direct DID it looks like I would have to order a trunk too. At $11.25 it don't look like it would be for me or am I missing something? Are the trunks the same as channels?

Thanks again for all the help.
lmartin12

1 edit

lmartin12

I figured some things out myself.
said by lmartin12:

Does any one know if the 60 platform minutes is for the whole account or per sub account?

It seems to be per sub account.

My outgoing calls are working great through Anveo Direct. Thanks everyone for helping me get it setup. I am using the platform minutes method for most calls but use an extension if I am going to talk a while.