spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jumpman
join:2013-06-25

1 recommendation

jumpman

[Speed] Motorola Surfboard SB6141 not supporting 50Mbps Blast

I have had the comcast technician come and they've found nothing wrong with my signal. They say it's the modem, but I'm skeptical. When I do a speedtest the IPv4 speed would be around 26 down and 6 up. The IPv6 would be 57/11. However, with the IPv4 test the speed would at first go up to ~50 for the first few seconds and then slowly drop down to 26 for the remainder of the test. Anyone know what could be the problem?

train_wreck
slow this bird down
join:2013-10-04
Antioch, TN
Cisco ASA 5506
Cisco DPC3939

2 recommendations

train_wreck

The SB6141 should have no problem with the 50mbps tier. There was a firmware bug recently that resulted in very slow download speeds for some people; perhaps you could post your firmware version? (you can find it at »192.168.100.1 under the "Help" page). As well, post your signals, and make sure you're speedtesting with a computer plugged directly into the modem.
RoyalShrimp6
join:2015-01-28
Greenbrae, CA

RoyalShrimp6

Which firmware would this be? Im currently running a SB6141 and getting horrible speed and ping issues.

Firmware: SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.14-SCM01-NOSH

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

Your firmware version seemingly is not the problematic version.

Tyler
join:2010-06-04
North East, PA

Tyler to jumpman

to jumpman
I also have the same firmware, I am on the 105 tier and get 126 during the day...evenings is a completely different story though.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross to jumpman

MVM

to jumpman
How are you connected? Are you wired or wireless? What model router? Have you tried connecting a computer directly to the modem (you will need to reboot the modem whenever you change the device connected to it.)