SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

1 edit

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

[IMG] New Quantum IMG Build - 3.24.2 (1/26/15)

Well - the whisper was right. The new VMS IMG downloaded overnight in VHO8. Here are a few pics to follow:

Release: APR-1.0
Build Number: 03.24.2
UI Version: 03.24.2
Middleware Version: 03.24
Platform ID: VS1100
Firmware Version: KA12.50.07.07.Alder. 439790
SeattleMatt

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Re: [IMG] New VMS IMG Build - 3.24.2 (1/26/15)

Click for full size
Me
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Pics of Menu Screen, Guide, "Home" screen, and Mini Guide (arrow down), Guide (twice), and DVR playback.

Sorry the quality is sub-par.

johnf2
VHO8
Premium Member
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA

1 edit

1 recommendation

johnf2

Premium Member

Click for full size
Ok, the new guide downloaded here in VHO8 right on time at 3:00am.

Release: APR-1.0
Build Number: 03.24.2
UI Version: 03.24.2
Middleware Version: 03.24
Platform ID: VS1100
Firmware Version: KA12.50.07.07.Alder. 439790
Guide Data Days Available: 7

Note: Check your Audio Settings, it defaults to Mono and your Guide Options are All Channel by default, you may need to change then to other settings.

It looks really dull grey/black, font size is still the same, this of course is a work in progress.

As a note, Free Memory upon start-up was 1162, of course I haven't walked the guide out to 12 days yet.

Edit: I forced the guide out to 13 days, my Free Memory is now 872 and falling. Nothing new there!

johnf2

Branch
:D
Premium Member
join:2014-07-22
VHO 4

Branch

Premium Member

Has the remote lag been fixed? I never had the memory issue, the only issue I ever had was the remote lag, so as long as that was fixed, I am good to go.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

3 edits

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Things I checked:

- NO MORE BRIGHT LED LIGHT AFTER A REBOOT!!!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

- Lag is gone (but almost always was on a fresh boot)
- Love the 7 rows of channel info (no more Verizon banner at the bottom)
- The transparent guide bar at the bottom - I liked this with Comcast's X1 - glad to see it

But, as was noted - none of the new features: the poster art in the guide, new look to On Demand, etc - are NOT in this build. We'll be waiting months more for that (think late Q2).

Overall I like it - but really it's just new makeup. I'll wait for the new features to get excited.

BranchOut
@verizon.net

BranchOut

Anon

Oh, I assumed that new look to OD would have been included. That's annoying, as I use OD all the time.

Oh well, what are you going to do.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

DVR Recording List - Bug Still Not Fixed

Ok - can't believe this one wasn't fixed. I personally find this one REALLY annoying. This has been there for 6 months now.

Go into your list of Recorded Programs.

Say you have "Program A" through "Program H" listed. You scroll down, delete A, C, and E. Once you scroll down past H, you see A, C, and E in the same list again even though you just deleted them.

It's time to let a select group of the public truly beta test this like they did years back.

Also: the little Recording folder icon (if you have multiple of the same show) looks REALLY basic. Let's beef up these graphics!
SeattleMatt

SeattleMatt to BranchOut

Premium Member

to BranchOut

Re: [IMG] New VMS IMG Build - 3.24.2 (1/26/15)

BranchOut-
Yeah, I have a feeling a lot of people are going to be disappointed that thought this was going to be identical to what the Moto and Cisco boxes got w/ 1.9.7 -
crgauth
join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD

crgauth to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt

Re: [IMG] New Quantum IMG Build - 3.24.2 (1/26/15)

Looks like a minor release to me:
Here’s the official update details and a comp attached. In short, colors and organization of titles. This isn’t the same IMG update as 1.9.7 on legacy.

With APR1 – The color scheme is either “on” (current view on VMS) or “off” (monochromatic view of the blue background with the previous IMG).
Customer shall have the ability to purchase an individual episode of a TV show, or an entire season of that particular program (Episodic Bundling)
Customer shall have the ability to purchase an individual movie, or an entire franchise of related moves (Movie (or ‘Franchise’) Bundling)

Examples:

Iron Man – 1, 2, and 3
Star Wars Trilogy
Rocky I-VI

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

2 edits

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

AutoTune to HD - Well I'll Be.....

I stand corrected! (And apologize)...

Playing through all the menus - Auto Tune to HD Channels is indeed in this release!

It's in Settings: Television: Auto Tune to HD Channels

Just tested with the Weather Channel. I typed in 119 - it automatically took me to 619.

Also, I was on 110 - I hit "Channel Up" to go to 114 (AJA SD). It automatically took me to 614.

** Looks like they have it set to auto-tune no matter how you hit a channel. (Some people might not like this - as this way i'd have to go back into the 100's again)

Also - I randomly hit "138". That's not an SD channel. But, it automatically went to 634 (Smithsonian HD).

Hmmmm. Looks like they need to tweak how that works.

There's also a setting for "Power On Channel" (this may have been there before).

Funny - you can choose "Last Viewed" or "FIOS 1 News Channel". Hmmm. What if you don't have a FIOS 1 News Channel? (Might want to rethink that one...)
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt

When you enter a channel number is there still a 1-2 second lag waiting for the channel to change?

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Ansky-
I have to admit - it's snappy as hell right now. But, very limited sample size to work with.

BranchOut
@verizon.net

BranchOut to SeattleMatt

Anon

to SeattleMatt

Re: AutoTune to HD - Well I'll Be.....

Yay! I am still upset about OD not getting redesigned but having Auto Tune to HD is still awesome!

Any schedule for the other VHOs? *cough cough*

CeeZee
join:2007-04-11
Wynnewood, PA

CeeZee to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
Where did you find Power On Channel?

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Menu: Settings: System: Media Client Settings (I'm watching an IP box in my office currently)

CeeZee
Wynnewood, PA

CeeZee

Does that also work for the VMS box? What I'd like is a way to have a particular news channel be automatically tuned in when my husband turns on the tv in the morning. We don't have any client boxes, just the VMS.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

CeeZee-
Just checked. Yes, same place on the VMS box. But - only choice is last viewed. I agree a nice choice would be to allow you to select a specific channel. Hopefully they're reading this thread.

I tried to hit FIOS 1 News Channel - but a pop up came up and said "FIOS 1 not available in your area. You will default to Last Viewed".
SeattleMatt

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Channel Logos

It's still early - but it appears the missing channel logo issue is fixed as well!

Even Fusion has a logo! LOL.

johnf2
VHO8
Premium Member
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA

johnf2

Premium Member

said by SeattleMatt:

t's still early - but it appears the missing channel logo issue is fixed as well!

Matt, maybe but... I have two VSM1100 and on one all the channel logos now appear correctly. On the other VMS1100, many are just the genre "TV" logo and on both boxes, the Fusion logo is just "TV" . I think it has to do with ERP Region (3409) and my local VSO (Video Serving Office). No big deal for now!

johnf2
Acct101
Premium Member
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA

Acct101 to SeattleMatt

Premium Member

to SeattleMatt

I wish they would give us the option of blocking out the channels we never watch. Like DirecTV allowed us to do.

CeeZee
Wynnewood, PA

CeeZee to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
Noticed that when I hit the Favorites button All Channels List came up. Not what I had before. Had to go into settings, switch Favorites Button to show all and then change it back.

Also, with 1.9.7 on the legacy box I had before, the guide definitely did not have the bright white box around the selection. In fact it was difficult to pick out exactly what show you would change to if you hit ok. I like this better.

Clearly not a clone of 1.9.7.

Edit: if you look at the screen shots that vzkid showed us in an earlier thread, you can see there is no white box.
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky to Acct101

to Acct101
said by Acct101:

I wish they would give us the option of blocking out the channels we never watch. Like DirecTV allowed us to do.

Just create a Favorites list and only those channels will show up in the guide. That is nothing new.
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz

I'm not crazy about the turquoise and orange colors myself. I guess I'll have to see when I actually get the update on how I really feel.

CeeZee
Wynnewood, PA

1 recommendation

CeeZee

Click for full size
On my tv at least, the colors aren't so turquoise and orange. Took this with my iPhone and it makes the colors way brighter than they actually look on the tv.

Edit: think teal, navy, maroon.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

CeeZee-
Thanks for a MUCH better picture. LOL. Mine was on my phone in the dark earlier today.
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
So there's no word yet on when other areas will receive the update?

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Ansky-
Gut would say maybe it will follow the 1st rollout schedule - VHO8/15 today, rest next week, and so on..

But - I personally do not know.
SeattleMatt

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Noon Update

Ok - this set has been on since 7am.

I think you all will be happy.

Channel changes - key pushes - are almost literally instantaneous. I've never seen a box change channels so quickly.
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

JeepMatt,

Now the question for a lot of people, after getting this update: After a couple of days, do we still have the Memory Leak Bug? Or does that seem to be gone?

I know it is the first day, but wait a couple of days. That is my main Bug concern, upon all others.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Web-
Well, that's if it truly was a "memory leak" or not - but yes, I agree.

Right now my IP box is at:

Total Memory: 1024MB
Memory Free: 346MB
CPU Load: 24% (this kept moving in the 20's..)

I just noticed that one of the Processes on the box is called "Superman". LOL.

Looks like "Streamer" and "Opera-Portal" are the 2 heaviest used processes by an IP box.