Branch
:D
Premium Member
join:2014-07-22
VHO 4

Branch to flatline_

Premium Member

to flatline_

Re: [IMG] New Quantum IMG Build - 3.24.2 (1/26/15)

I second that.
PMcmil5450
join:2011-05-26
Virginia Beach, VA

PMcmil5450

I've had an issue ever since this build that I haven't seen discussed anywhere. It seems that after a period of hours, choosing the LAST button does not bring up the previous channel viewed; instead it goes to a FIOS tutorial channel. For example, my bedroom TV is tuned to channel A when I go to bed; in the morning I change to channel B, which brings up the tutorial channel so I manually tune to channel B; at bedtime channel B is displayed so I press LAST to go to channel A and instead get the tutorial channel. Once I manually tune to channel A, the LAST button will work as it's supposed to...seems to only happen after a period of hours. It's happened on the VMS as well, and it's happened after the VMS has been both on and off and the client box has been on and off. I have never deliberately tuned to a FIOS tutorial channel. Surely this isn't considered a pop-up alert (which I just checked and found was enabled on that box)? Any info/suggestions? This is beyond annoying!

Branch
Premium Member
VHO 4

Branch

Premium Member

it actually has been discussed. leave your box on at night (make sure auto-off is disabled) and you'll be good to go
PMcmil5450
Virginia Beach, VA

PMcmil5450

said by Branch:

it actually has been discussed. leave your box on at night (make sure auto-off is disabled) and you'll be good to go

I do leave my box on (go to sleep with the TV on) so that's not it

Branch
Premium Member
VHO 4

Branch

Premium Member

Is auto off disabled?
PMcmil5450
Virginia Beach, VA

PMcmil5450

said by Branch:

Is auto off disabled?

Yes...TV is on when I wake up, on the channel it was on when I went to sleep, and LAST button takes me to the FIOS tutorial channel!
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

This issue, so called HOA channel Bug, is there. No one is discussing it, maybe because they have adapted to it.

Basically, for people that turn their STBs off at night, or for a lengthy period, can not press the last button. That takes you to the HOA channel.

I have adapted in remembering the last channel i watched at night before I turn my boxes off. Then I do not go to that said channel in the morning. I tune to another briefly first, then I can go to it.

Since it has been a couple weeks, it is no big deal for me, anymore. But I know it needs to be fixed.

eival
join:2008-07-09
Richland, WA

eival to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
i just checked and im still on 2.18, i cant find the older threads where we discussed forcing the upgrade

anyone remember how?
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

What us your System Info?

Does it have (3248.1) as the UI Version?

eival
Richland, WA

eival

Release 1.0b
Build 02.18.2
UI 2.18.1 (323.10)
MW 2.18
Firmware KA12.37.03.04Alder.408758

which is the same since i forced the last upgrade that was probably sometime last year all those threads seem to be pruned/deleted tho so i cant find where it was detailed how to force the boxes to upgrade, which "reboot" or "unplugging" doesnt
RetiredInFL
join:2002-11-04
The Villages, FL

RetiredInFL to PMcmil5450

to PMcmil5450
said by PMcmil5450:

said by Branch:

Is auto off disabled?

Yes...TV is on when I wake up, on the channel it was on when I went to sleep, and LAST button takes me to the FIOS tutorial channel!

You keep saying you "LEAVE YOUR TV ON." Just to clarify, are you saying both your TV and FIOS STB are on all night? If by some chance you leave your TV on and turn off your FIOS STB then that is the problem. You probably mean the former.
RetiredInFL

1 edit

RetiredInFL to eival

to eival
said by eival:

Release 1.0b
Build 02.18.2
UI 2.18.1 (323.10)
MW 2.18
Firmware KA12.37.03.04Alder.408758

which is the same since i forced the last upgrade that was probably sometime last year all those threads seem to be pruned/deleted tho so i cant find where it was detailed how to force the boxes to upgrade, which "reboot" or "unplugging" doesn't.

(I saved this for posterity from somewhere else in this thread):

1. Start pressing OK on the remote as you plug in the VMS.
2. Press 328 immediately after a single solid dash appears on the front panel.
3. The world "COLD" will be displayed on the front panel.
4. The box will boot, then the activation display will come up on the TV.
5. Follow the full activation process

OR

1. Unplug the box you need to reset.
2. Wait about 10 seconds and plug the box back in.
3. As soon as you plug it in start rapidly pressing the menu button on the remote until the display says RUN.
4. Press arrow down on the remote until the display says COLD.
5. Press OK.

2nd procedure is easier.
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler to eival

to eival
Really?

That also means you do not have the new IMG look and feel.

IMHO, If I were you, I would have called or used the Direct Forum to talk with someone about this. Your boxes definitely should get the updates they push out.

eival
Richland, WA

eival to RetiredInFL

to RetiredInFL
thanks, and as i remember i need to reroute my LAN since for whatever reason the STB updates arent going through my router, even though guide data is

gonnna try putting them into the DMZ first and see if that fixes it first
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

Well, at least you know that might fix your issue with that.
PMcmil5450
Virginia Beach, VA

PMcmil5450 to RetiredInFL

to RetiredInFL
E
said by RetiredInFL:

said by PMcmil5450:

said by Branch:

Is auto off disabled?

You keep saying you "LEAVE YOUR TV ON." Just to clarify, are you saying both your TV and FIOS STB are on all night? If by some chance you leave your TV on and turn off your FIOS STB then that is the problem. You probably mean the former.

I go to sleep with the TV on, so yes, the STB is on also...and no sleep timer on the STB
PMcmil5450

PMcmil5450 to webcobbler

to webcobbler
said by webcobbler:

This issue, so called HOA channel Bug, is there. No one is discussing it, maybe because they have adapted to it.

Basically, for people that turn their STBs off at night, or for a lengthy period, can not press the last button. That takes you to the HOA channel.

I have adapted in remembering the last channel i watched at night before I turn my boxes off. Then I do not go to that said channel in the morning. I tune to another briefly first, then I can go to it.

Since it has been a couple weeks, it is no big deal for me, anymore. But I know it needs to be fixed.

Thanks webcobbler, good to know it's a known issue. I can adapt, but it's still annoying
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

No Problem, PMcmil5450. Glad I could help.

eival
Richland, WA

eival

DMZ didnt work, still had to reroute my WAN cable to the fios router so it could get past the 25%

really dumb considering theres nothing preventing the boxes talking to the router/net for all other info

either way, got both updated, all my settings were still on the HDD and i like new look, also the weatherbug finally seems to work on channel 49

but it would also help if the accuweather 619 wasnt the north east broadcast where 99% of the loop is focused on that and we have to wait for a "Miami" to scroll by on the bottom

the could just get the NOAA radar feeds for free and not pay anyone to use them
crgauth
join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD

crgauth to Branch

to Branch
said by Branch:

But hopefully memory leak will be fixed this week or at the latest, next week.

I'm hearing no Quantum update until late April.
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

said by crgauth:

said by Branch:

Where did you hear this? A credible person?
RetiredInFL
The Villages, FL

RetiredInFL

said by webcobbler:

said by crgauth:

said by Branch:

Where did you hear this? A credible person?

Are there any such people at Verizon? I thought all the credible people said 3/15? Maybe there are more credible people?
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

There might be, IDK.

I just want this Memory Leak fixed. Like many other people. If it is late April, then that would mean almost 8 months without a fix for this.

Rebooting all my boxes 2 times a week, is not a permanent solution.
webcobbler

webcobbler to RetiredInFL

to RetiredInFL
I thought they said 3/15, as well. Well, the SkipBack Bug was fixed before then. Even though they said 3/15.

But I thought more fixes were to come soon afterwords.
crgauth
join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD

crgauth to webcobbler

to webcobbler
Yes through a VZ forum that is not public.
Might be worth someone checking out via direct forum here (or maybe VZKid will see this and respond).
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

I thought BranchS did a good job at just that.
RetiredInFL
The Villages, FL

RetiredInFL to crgauth

to crgauth
said by crgauth:

Yes through a VZ forum that is not public.
Might be worth someone checking out via direct forum here (or maybe VZKid will see this and respond).

There were those who were told 3/15 from VZ DIRECT. I was told 3/15 by a "tier 1" tech support person during a recent problem resolution issue by phone for another issue.
RetiredInFL

RetiredInFL to webcobbler

to webcobbler
said by webcobbler:

There might be, IDK.

I just want this Memory Leak fixed. Like many other people. If it is late April, then that would mean almost 8 months without a fix for this.

Rebooting all my boxes 2 times a week, is not a permanent solution.

I purchased 3 fully programmable electronic timers off eBay for ~ $11 each and reboot everything 2x a week at 3AM automatically. Works great. Haven't seen any lag or delay in a couple weeks. Server shuts down at 3AM comes back on at 3:08 and IPC's shut of at 3AM and come back 3:15. After this is all fixed I will use them to randomly turn house light off/on while we are away.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl to RetiredInFL

Premium Member

to RetiredInFL
said by RetiredInFL:

There were those who were told 3/15 from VZ DIRECT. I was told 3/15 by a "tier 1" tech support person during a recent problem resolution issue by phone for another issue.

Yes, but they never said the year, haha. 3/15 was a Sunday this year, next year it's on Tuesday, more of a normal Verizon update day, so they must have meant 3/15/16
RetiredInFL
The Villages, FL

RetiredInFL

said by matcarl:

said by RetiredInFL:

Yes, but they never said the year, haha. 3/15 was a Sunday this year, next year it's on Tuesday, more of a normal Verizon update day, so they must have meant 3/15/16

Hmmm, now THAT makes sense!