spc
Search similar:

uniqs

bobsap
@verizon.net

bobsap to JPL

Anon

to JPL

Re: [IMG] New Quantum IMG Build - 3.24.2 (1/26/15)

Has anyone noticed that the media server seems to reboot weekly, sometimes the clients reboot with it, sometimes alone? Its been between 1am & 3am for the last 2-3 weeks, and I thought it would do it last night, but only the media server did it at noon today...No changes in any of the software, so I am wondering why "they" do this?
JPL
Premium Member
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA

JPL

Premium Member

said by bobsap :

Has anyone noticed that the media server seems to reboot weekly, sometimes the clients reboot with it, sometimes alone? Its been between 1am & 3am for the last 2-3 weeks, and I thought it would do it last night, but only the media server did it at noon today...No changes in any of the software, so I am wondering why "they" do this?

To clear out memory. Rebooting will start you back from a start state. We'll all know that the memory leak has been fixed when:

a) the reboots stop
b) performance remains snappy pretty much all the time.

bobsap
@verizon.net

bobsap

Anon

My performance has been improved dramatically, the lag virtually gone on the server, never had much problems with the clients.

How do they decide when to force a reboot, or is it now sometime of automatic reboot when memory levels are off?

obeythelaw
Premium Member
join:2003-04-16
Warren, NJ

obeythelaw to SeattleMatt

Premium Member

to SeattleMatt
How long does it normally take to receive the Quantum box and the client? The local Fios Store in my area closed down (not a good sign?). My cousin ordered hers online but it didn't really say when they will ship. She got an email that says to complete the installation by April 1, however. Just wondering what the lead time is.
JPL
Premium Member
Downingtown, PA

JPL

Premium Member

I got mine in about 2 days. The ETA was like 10 days out, but really I got it less than 48 hours after placing the order.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by JPL:

I got mine in about 2 days. The ETA was like 10 days out, but really I got it less than 48 hours after placing the order.

I received my equipment exactly 1 week after placing the order. That was still about 4 days ahead of the scheduled "installation date".
ansky

ansky to bobsap

to bobsap
said by bobsap :

My performance has been improved dramatically, the lag virtually gone on the server, never had much problems with the clients.

How do they decide when to force a reboot, or is it now sometime of automatic reboot when memory levels are off?

I've had Quantum for 2 months and I don't believe they have ever rebooted my VMS.

Branch
:D
Premium Member
join:2014-07-22
VHO 4

Branch

Premium Member

I turn my boxes off, so I've never really checked the active time, so I couldn't say whether they reboot mine here in VHO 4
JPL
Premium Member
Downingtown, PA

JPL

Premium Member

I can tell when they reboot because my guide resorts back to all channels instead of my favorites.

CeeZee
join:2007-04-11
Wynnewood, PA

CeeZee

I can tell because I have to hit Menu to resume viewing. I have my VMS set to never turn off.
Timothy28
join:2006-05-13
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
JPL, something has definitely improved with that UI update. Last night even though i was down to 79mb free it was still very responsive. Playback of a recording was instantaneous. No lag when entering channel numbers or anything. Also, not long after it got down to 79mb free it went back up to 200mb. I didn't reboot or anything it did it all on its own. So it is obviously releasing processes now that it wasn't before. I have not rebooted since the 3248.1 update and have seen no performance decrease at all.
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler to CeeZee

to CeeZee
I can tell when my boxes reboot by either the Widgets going back to the Default one. And/or, that under Menu and System Info, the Run Time resets itself.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

1 recommendation

matcarl

Premium Member

said by webcobbler:

I can tell when my boxes reboot by either the Widgets going back to the Default one. And/or, that under Menu and System Info, the Run Time resets itself.

Also because you stay up and watch it
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler to Timothy28

to Timothy28
Destination America SD and HD channels do not have their respective SD and HD channel icons/logos.

I saw it yesterday, and hoped it would fix itself overnight.
Timothy28
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28

Same here.
JPL
Premium Member
Downingtown, PA

JPL to Timothy28

Premium Member

to Timothy28
Yeah I haven't seen a reboot or sluggishness or the jump back bug in some time.

Branch
:D
Premium Member
join:2014-07-22
VHO 4

Branch

Premium Member

I love how everyone has their own way of telling if their box rebooted.
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler to Timothy28

to Timothy28
Just saw this. The same thing goes for GAC SD and HD channels, as well. No Icons.
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by webcobbler:

Just saw this. The same thing goes for GAC SD and HD channels, as well. No Icons.

That's odd. I have icons on those channels and we're in the same VHO.
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

Interesting.
RetiredInFL
join:2002-11-04
The Villages, FL

RetiredInFL to Branch

to Branch
said by Branch:

I love how everyone has their own way of telling if their box rebooted.

Mine has a "bootprint" on the front when it does. Looks like a size 13.

eival
join:2008-07-09
Richland, WA

2 edits

eival to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
awesome new feature/fix setting the dvr to record the march madness, which was like 10 games both yesterday and today, and all within about a 3 hour time slot but telling it to record all and having the additional time set to 120, the box automatically adjusted for games that had ones right after it!

super awesome, always had to go in an manipulate that first game slot, i assume come college football season this would also help for when games usually have like a 30 minute schedualed break till the next one on that station, so if you set it to 120min over, it would record that first slot for 30, then pick up the next full game, and then add 120 on that

this is gonna be great for the upcoming Hockey and NBA playoffs, and they really did a great job by having all the games under 1 search category.

only issue could be like last year where NBC had some games schedualed at the last second on CNBC or NBCSports and it changed mid-day

atleast im working days now so ill be able to adjust accordingly, but hopefully the guide data and NBC is more solid in their scheduling

PS, im thinking about using one of my splitters to jack into my HDTV's tuner so i can get that ABC weather scan which only comes in "OTA" thru the cable on one of the subnet stations

also if i remember correctly theres a local Fox weather-only station as well down here in tampa, which also doesnt come thru on the box

what could be the rational with the box having almost 2000 channels in its range and not supply those stations which clearly their wires are providing

FTBoomer
join:2011-04-22
Tampa, FL

FTBoomer to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
What happened to reminders? I used to use reminders a lot but noticed that once I switched to Quantum, this feature was gone.
zifnab966
join:2014-06-18
united state

zifnab966

They'll be back eventually, hopefully.
Timothy28
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28 to FTBoomer

to FTBoomer
Yeah they were removed in an update last summer. Hopefully they'll come back with the feature update we are supposed to be getting late second quarter. We're supposed to be getting all the features that the legacy boxes have on 1.9.7. The update we got last month was just the aesthetics of the new UI except for the auto tune feature.
RetiredInFL
join:2002-11-04
The Villages, FL

RetiredInFL

said by Timothy28:

Yeah they were removed in an update last summer. Hopefully they'll come back with the feature update we are supposed to be getting late second quarter. We're supposed to be getting all the features that the legacy boxes have on 1.9.7. The update we got last month was just the aesthetics of the new UI except for the auto tune feature.

Everyone got autotune in the late January update. You must have missed all the posts and the menu option.

Edit: maybe I misread your message when you said "except" the autotune feature.
Timothy28
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28

No, i meant the auto tune was the one exception of the features that was added with that update.
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

I rebooted my boxes today. The Free RAM was just very low, and I did not want then to lock up or crash on me. The last I rebooted was last Saturday. 8-9 days ago. The longest they lasted in a very long time.

Upon rebooting, the missing icons from my earlier post were back. As well as Untitled Recordings worked again when I manually recorded them again.

Populating te Guide out 12-13 days was a little better. Time wise, upon the fresh reboot. But obviously, not ideal.

Also, I wish that the missing icons would re-populate themselves without a reboot of the box.
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
Did anyone else just have a random reboot in VHO 7? It interrupted a recording. I would hope they are not doing this intentionally in the middle of primetime.
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

ansky,

I did not.

Was your Free RAM low, by chance?