spc
Search similar:

uniqs

CeeZee
join:2007-04-11
Wynnewood, PA

CeeZee to webcobbler

to webcobbler

Re: [IMG] New Quantum IMG Build - 3.24.2 (1/26/15)

If this is a total rewrite, then I agree. Get everyone on the new system and then work out the (minor) bugs. Otherwise you're doing double work. Fix the old and fix the new. That makes no sense.

Branch
:D
Premium Member
join:2014-07-22
VHO 4

Branch

Premium Member

I agree. My prediction still stands. Critical Update in late February.
Timothy28
join:2006-05-13
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
We need someone who's a programmer to give us their POV on this.

CeeZee
Wynnewood, PA

CeeZee

I'm a programmer. Spend decades at it. That's my POV.
Timothy28
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28

Oh ok, thanks CeeZee!
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler to CeeZee

to CeeZee
CeeZee,

Then what would you say about the so called "Memory Leak" Bug , that is causing many of us to reboot our VMS boxes at least once a week?

In regards to getting everyone on the same Guide first. IMO, this particular Bug is NOT minor at all. It is THE Bug to fix first.

Thank You.
Timothy28
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28

We do still have to give it a few days to see if those in VHO8 are still having that issue, but i agree that is not a minor bug.

CeeZee
Wynnewood, PA

CeeZee to webcobbler

to webcobbler
Tougher. Because it doesn't seem to be effecting everyone it isn't as critical as it might be. It all depends on how difficult it is to fix. If it was fairly straightforward of course you'd do it ASAP everywhere. But if it's troublesome then you'd wait until everyone's on the same platform. Not an easy decision by any means. I'd need to know more. God help me for saying this but having to reboot once a week isn't the worst thing in the world.
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

CeeZee,

Thank You for the input.

I also agree that rebooting once a week is not the end of the world. But I'm my eyes, it is ONLY a temporary solution. We should not have to reboot our boxes at all.

OR at least, very infrequently.

CeeZee
Wynnewood, PA

CeeZee to Timothy28

to Timothy28
I'm curious as well if the memory leak has been fixed. I'm new to Quantum so I guess if it starts to slow down dramatically then I'll know it's still there. I'm waiting to see what everyone else who is now on the new IMG experiences.
CeeZee

CeeZee to webcobbler

to webcobbler
Yes, it should only be temporary. If it isn't fixed now with the newest release I won't be happy.
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

CeeZee,

We all won't be happy if this particular bug is not fixed. I can tell you that.

Most of us have had to deal with this Bug for the past 5 months, easy.

You are lucky you just switched, now.
Timothy28
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28

Yeah it started with the August update didn't it?
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

Indeed, it did.

CeeZee
Wynnewood, PA

CeeZee to webcobbler

to webcobbler
Do you mean the memory leak or the problem with the DVR recorded list?
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler to Timothy28

to Timothy28
I would rather have just this one bug fixed, and nothing else. IMO. It is that annoying to me. lol.
webcobbler

webcobbler to CeeZee

to CeeZee
CeeZee,

I am referring to the Memory Leak.
Timothy28
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28 to CeeZee

to CeeZee
The memory leak, up until then things were improving remarkably with the first few updates.

CeeZee
Wynnewood, PA

CeeZee to webcobbler

to webcobbler
I agree. It's nasty.
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler to Timothy28

to Timothy28
CeeZee,

Yes. Ruffly upon a fresh reboot, one has 1100MB of RAM, out of the 2GB. Then if you go out in the Guide 12 or so days, the RAM is easily almost cut in half. Then the more you use the remote, the more lag it gets. Especially if you are trying to put in a channel number.
webcobbler

webcobbler to CeeZee

to CeeZee
said by CeeZee:

I agree. It's nasty.

It def is.
Timothy28
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
If i remember correctly i think someone said that August update wasn't supposed to be ok'd for release but someone dropped the ball and it got released..It had been delayed i think and still not fixed correctly but it got rolled out.
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

Timothy28,

I don't know about that. I just figured that they were trying to fix so many bugs, that this one emerged as a result. Thus, it hasn't been fixed as of yet.
Timothy28
Lewisville, TX

1 edit

Timothy28

I think i remember it from someone on here but i have no idea which thread it was in. I did find in the all things quantum thread where someone said the August update was delayed. I couldn't find where it was said it was mistakenly rolled out before it was ready though.

Branch
:D
Premium Member
join:2014-07-22
VHO 4
Greenwave FiOS-G1100
Actiontec WCB6200Q

Branch

Premium Member

I agree with CeeZee in that everyone should be on the new platform before fixes are made. Less confusing for everyone. I wouldn't get angry if the memory leak bug isn't fixed in this update, because I am still betting a few weeks after this update we will be pushed another critical update (or regular one) that fixes this and other bugs. Just my 2 cents.

Disclaimer: my boxes don't seem to have the memory leak bug, but I have heard from you all and it sound pretty bad.
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

1 recommendation

bsangs to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
Oh my God, just stop.

Joe D
@verizon.net

Joe D

Anon

Just got the critical update here in Boston (VHO 6).
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
I just got the critical update in VHO7. The box popped up in the middle of watching TV. I wonder if this means all remaining VHOs will get the new IMG next week.

BranchOut
@parkschool.net

BranchOut

Anon

I think they are just pushing out this critical update to everyone ahead of time to get everyone ready. I think the schedule that VZKid suggested still stands.

-BranchS/BranchOut
(I am the same, just sometimes I am too lazy to login )
Timothy28
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
Good to see everyone is getting the critical update. Now we just need the 5th and 12th to hurry up and get here!