Search similar:

uniqs
redpenguin
join:2010-06-17
united state

1 edit

redpenguin

Antenna TV coming to WATM.

Just wanted to give folks a heads up that Antenna TV (»antennatv.tv) is coming to WATM on 23.4 with an official date of Apr 1, 2015 but it sounds like they are testing early Feb to make sure all glitches are out by Apr.

It's a classic TV network just like Me-TV and RTV.

There still is not definite word yet if Atlantic Broadband is going to cover it, although the affiliate in Bradford, PA, ABB does cover it.

Antenna TV recommends anybody who cares about cable coverage contact ABB (1-888-536-9600) or Web Chat and tell them you are interested in seeing the channel be covered.
redpenguin

redpenguin

Just to let folks know, WATM has Antenna TV up and running on 23.4.

So far I don't even see a channel setup for it at all on ABB.

ABBJason, NetLarry, or anybody else know yet for sure if we are going to get it added to ABB?

I mean folks love Me-TV and This, so I doubt ABB would refuse to carry Antenna.
redpenguin

1 edit

redpenguin

Just an update to folks, WJAC is in talks with ABB to get GRIT added, but so far no evidence of it being added can be seen.

WHVL Ch 97 (analog) is going to move to Ch 2 (analog) sometime in March, so I'm not sure if it will these changes will be done then or not.
redpenguin

redpenguin

Another update for anybody following this thread.

I have spoken with WATM and they have stated that ABB has definitely planned on carrying Antenna TV.

They said ABB hasn't worked out the logistics such as where the channel will be placed and when yet.

They said they requested that cable co's try and get the channel up by the official launch date of 4/1/15.

I wonder if the Ch 97 move has anything to do with Antenna TV and possibly GRIT or just concidence.
redpenguin

redpenguin

One more update for anybody watching this thread.

WATM said it appears ABB is going for 4/1/15 official launch date.

GRIT may take a tad longer as it sounds like WJAC is still working with ABB to obtain carriage.
redpenguin

redpenguin

It's currently 4/1, the requested date that WATM had for all cable providers to add Antenna TV.

I see no evidence of it at all.

WATM was waiting for a confirmation on launch date last I spoke with WATM, even though ABB Corporate had told them various times it was to be carried.

Hopefully ABB meant it will be carried before the 2016 Presidential Election....
redpenguin

1 edit

redpenguin

The final post, LoL.

Here is the up to date "game plan": WHVL's Ch 97 is killed on Apr 14th and GRIT is already confirmed to be added the same day with Antenna TV having to be the same day also. GRIT will get (logical) Ch 112 and I assume 113 for Antenna TV. (Guess they are skipping this week due to the holiday).