uniqs
Quattrohead
Premium Member
join:2005-02-09

Quattrohead

Premium Member

[CallCentric] Best ATA and/or dial plans

Hello folks,
I am now with Callcentric and need some assistance either getting a dial plan to add my local area code to local calls on an HT286 or a replacement for it.
I tried using a Zoom 5822 but it just does not work properly using their recommended settings.
Thanks.

toro
join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON

toro

If I remember correctly, the older Grandstream ATAs (HT286, HT386, HT486, HT496) do not have a dial plan feature.

Maxx2006
join:2013-02-02
Guelph, ON

Maxx2006 to Quattrohead

to Quattrohead
Using a Grandstream 502 dial plan is really simple and sems to work well. { x+ | *x+ | *xx*x+ }

Also on a second line a Grandstream 715 which i believe is the same.

{ x+ | *x+ | *xx*x+ }

KA0OUV
Premium Member
join:2010-02-17
Jefferson City, MO

KA0OUV to Quattrohead

Premium Member

to Quattrohead
The HT701 is a good platform.

If you look through this forum, you will see you can get one from Walmart and jump through just a couple of hoops, and you have a $10 ATA.
Quattrohead
Premium Member

Quattrohead

Premium Member

Maxx, that went right over my head, sorry !!!
Toro, Callcentric told me the same thing but there is a field for it, not sure.
KA0OUV, your talking my king of language, thanks for reminding me.
I wonder if Walmart are open tomorrow during the blizzard
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1 to Quattrohead

Premium Member

to Quattrohead
The Grandstream Handytone 286 does not have a dial plan.

It does have a field in which you designate a pre-pend but that will not fulfill your needs because the pre-pend would be added to ALL calls.

-----

Regarding other Handytone models this is another way to set up dial plan for CallCentric:

{[49]11|933|<=1818>[2-9]xxxxxx|1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011[2-9]xx.|*x+}

Be sure to copy and paste the whole thing including the { at the start and the } at the end. This is Handytone syntax, it is not going to be the same for other manufacturers. Likewise, it is customized for CallCentric.

This example assumes that your area code is 818. If your area code is not 818, then change it as appropriate.

This dial plan allows:

411 and 911 calls.
(Also 933 to test the emergency calling information on CallCentric).
7-digit dialing in your local area code, as noted.
11-digit dialing outside your local area code (1 + AC + Number).
International calls starting with 011.
CallCentric functions such as *123 for voicemail and *75xx for speed dials.

I have used this on other GS Handytone models, probably should work on the new one but of course test it out. And remember to put in your area code instead of 818.
brawney
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Frederick, MD

brawney to Quattrohead

Premium Member

to Quattrohead
As others have said, the Grandstream will do the job. Of all the ATA's I've played with over the years, the Grandstream is my favorite and has actually worked the best for me. Everyone's different, so this is just me.

It does have decent dial plan support too. And it even supports the "SRV" DNS Mode that Callcentric requires.
Quattrohead
Premium Member

Quattrohead to PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer1
PX, thankyou ever so much for that string. I am going to get the HT701 and "hack it" back to factory.
Did some more reading about this last night and started to get my head around it but programming is not my thing, I prefer hammer and duct tape lol
OzarkEdge
join:2014-02-23
USA

OzarkEdge

The condensed and vetted HT701 Unlocking instructions in my notes below may be helpful.

I like the HT701 but have not used it much. The OBi202 is very fine and much more fun to work with.

OE

brg
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL

brg to Quattrohead

Premium Member

to Quattrohead
When configuring Grandstream dial plans for Callcentric I like to add code to permit free calling of "800-type" toll-free numbers via SIPBroker. Otherwise, if you dial the 11-digits straight out you get charged a bit for those calls by CC.

This code is very inelegant and repetitive, yes, but it works. I settled on this because, initially I couldn't get the elegant way (posted elsewhere by PX and others, if I recall) to work. I only later realized that my problems with the more elegant solution were actually due to order-of-parsing issues (discussed below)

So, to dial 800, etc., free, you could add:

|<1800=**275*1800>xxxxxxx|<1888=**275*1888>xxxxxxx|<1877=**275*1877>xxxxxxx|<1866=**275*1866>xxxxxxx|<1855=**275*1855>xxxxxxx|<1844=**275*1844>xxxxxxx|

When tinkering with dial plan strings, and experiencing errors, I finally remembered that the dial plan is processed from left to right, and the first string that matches is the one that is used. That gave me fits for a while because there is a dial plan snippet floating around so as to permit general use of SipBroker with CC. I had placed that snippet before all of my attempts at the "free 800" calling code. As a result, the 701 would see first apply the "generic" **275 SIPBroker-related portion of the dial plan, breaking my attempt to make free "800-type" toll-free numbers via SIPBroker.

I eventually "got it," but I stick with the code above...

cb14
join:2013-02-04
Miami Beach, FL

2 recommendations

cb14 to OzarkEdge

to OzarkEdge
said by OzarkEdge:

The OBi202 is very fine and much more fun to work with.

the company is really no fun but Obi's are superior ATAs.
OzarkEdge
join:2014-02-23
USA

OzarkEdge

said by cb14:

the company is really no fun but Obi's are superior ATAs.

Yeah, I can sense that, mostly from their service provider affiliation struggle and awkward website marketing/forum presence, especially their over selling of Google Voice interoperability which is a questionable service on several levels. But... they have a product and service that performs, they publish documentation, and they are leading in their OBi way... and they are not Intuit!

OE
Quattrohead
Premium Member

Quattrohead to PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer1
PX Eliezer, that dial plan seems to be working well on a newly acquired and "modified" HT701, 7 digit dialing and 933 tested, WAF sky rocketed with 7 digit dialing. Thanks