All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tester2
join:2013-03-29

tester2

How to Reboot PAP2T-NA once in every 24 hrs

hi guys, I need your help, I got a PAP2T, when ever I am facing problem of not hearing voice, then I have to Reboot PAP2T every couple of days manually.

So I like to know is there any way I can Reboot PAP2T once in a day, by software configuration method, so that I can set a time inside the PAP2T configuration and it has to reboot once in a day. In this way I no need to worry about rebooting Manually/personally.

Hope fully waiting for your reply.

thanks

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV

billaustin

MVM

You should not have to reboot it that often. Try an electronic timer or an appliance timer, and set it to go off and then back on every morning at 2:00am.
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

2 recommendations

Mango to tester2

Premium Member

to tester2
Your device should not require constant rebooting. Something somewhere is not configured properly.

What service provider do you use? What router do you use?

m.
tester2

tester2

I am using Linksys Router, every thing fine, but every couple of days, I notice when some body calling then I can't hear their voice & some time Bell not Ring,. So I have to Reboot PAP2T, there after every thing work fine again.

So I am thinking is there any way I can do configuration In such a way to reboot once in a day, in this case I no need to Reboot Manually.

Any I am using Freephoneline service.

thanks
Mango
Premium Member
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

Is your PAP2T configured as per my post here?

»forum.fongo.com/viewtopi ··· &t=16294
tester2

tester2

hi there, thanks for the info, yes I have done the same configuration, it is working fine, just the problem every couple of days Rebooting the Device required, so I thought if is there any way I can do in configuration for SOFT reboot etc. In this case I no need to do HARD reboot.

thanks
Mango
Premium Member
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

Please try to set your Proxy to voip3.freephoneline.ca.

Let us know if this solves the problem.
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart to tester2

to tester2
As Mango says, fixing the problem is better than the reboot band-aid. What kind of modem do you have? Separate router, if any? Any special settings in either?

You can reboot the PAP2T by accessing a special URL; See »[ViaTalk] Remotely reboot PAP2

If you have a computer running all the time, a Scheduled Task (or equivalent on other OS) can trigger the reboot using Wget or cURL, e.g. daily at 3 AM. Or, do the same from something in the cloud.

Another option is to set the ATA to pull a config file from a web site (that you control), e.g. once an hour. The script there would check the time; if a reboot was due, it would make a harmless change that the ATA interprets as needing a reboot.
tester2

tester2

thanks a lot you guys a great.

yes I am running the PC all the time Power ON, so I hope your suggestion is going to help me, as you discuss about TRIGGAR, so I like to know how to gives this 2 commands. Because I am running WINDOWS 7 o/s on my PC.

Wget
cURL

if you give me some more info, what I should do, yes I will give a try to Reboot my PAP2T every midnight at 3AM.

thanks

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium Member
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL

1 recommendation

N9MD

Premium Member

said by tester2:

...I will give a try to Reboot my PAP2T every midnight at 3AM.

Logistically impossible task! I recommend choosing one (midnight) or the other (3am), not both.
tester2

tester2

at least once in a week SOFT REBOOT that also work for me, I am running Win 7 PC, so I want to try the above Wget & cURL commands etc.

Just once in a week is ok for me, so I like to know how to use that commands.

thanks

Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart to tester2

to tester2
Wget and cURL are command line programs that can fetch Web pages.

In this usage, you will fetch e.g.
http://192.168.50.20:8081/admin/reboot

Of course, you will use the actual IP address and port of your PAP2T. In this case, the actual file you download is unimportant; you are doing the fetch for its side effect of rebooting the device.

Your Scheduled Task could run a Wget or cURL command. Choose whichever you find easier to use, or that might be helpful for automating other tasks.

»www.gnu.org/software/wget/
»gnuwin32.sourceforge.net ··· wget.htm

»curl.haxx.se/
»curl.haxx.se/download.html
tester2

4 edits

tester2

thanks for the info, I will read the above 4 links, and try to understand the things.

UPDATE :
first I want to try this then next try Wget etc.
I tried to reboot PAP2T with in the same Network by using this (Static ip of PAP2T in my Home set to 192.168.1.135) »192.168.1.25:8081/admin/reboot , it is rebooting properly with in my Home. But when I tried to Reboot from REMOTE place from my Neighbour Home, it is not Rebooting, my Laptop is not communicating to PAP2T.

I already did the PORT FORWARDING in my Home Linksys dd-wrt Router, 192.168.1.1, “NAT QoS”, Application : HTTP, Port from : 8081, Protocol : Both, IP Address : 192.168.1.135 (this is the ip of pap2t i enter), Port to : 8081, Enable : check box, Apply Settings..

After this I go to neighbor home and I enter this in URL »192.168.1.25:8081/admin/reboot which is not rebooting my PAP2T from Remote location.

Hope some one make me correct.

Thanks
twinclouds
join:2010-06-12
San Diego, CA

twinclouds

said by tester2:

But when I tried to Reboot from REMOTE place from my Neighbour Home, it is not Rebooting, my Laptop is not communicating to PAP2T.

Since you have done port forwarding, it will work. However, you should use your WAN address but not your local ethernet address.
tester2

tester2

i go to this site »www.whatismyip.com.au/ then shows my 198-200-59-240, so I enter by remotely »192.200.59.240:8081/admin/reboot, still it is not communicating with my PAP2T.

I think the way I find the WAN IP Address, I hope it is correct.

so what I am missing, I still don't know, please make me connrect.

thanks

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

If that really is your IP address, then you have botched the port forwarding - there is nothing listening on that IP & port.

192.168. addresses are not routable, so trying that from anywhere on the internet can not possibly work.
tester2

tester2

because of the security reason I change some values in that ip address 198-200-59-240, I don't know if I post real IP what will be the harm, hope you guys understand.

I could not success in doing very simple thing PORT FORWARDING, for REMOTE reboot PAP2t via WAN IP.

-do I have to enter WAN IP or PAP2T IP in Port forwarding, because I enter PAP2T IP in port forwarding, so is this right I did it.

graysonf
MVM
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

You have to forward the WAN IP and port to the PAP2T IP and port.

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k to tester2

Premium Member

to tester2
said by tester2:

After this I go to neighbor home and I enter this in URL »192.168.1.25:8081/admin/reboot which is not rebooting my PAP2T from Remote location.

Why would you want it to be rebooted with a command from outside of your house? Port forwarding to enable that could lead to serious security consequences. If you have a PC at home that's always on then just use that and keep your ATA from being reached from the outside.
tester2

tester2

I Add 2 PORT FORWARDING like this ,
1---192.168.1.1, “NAT QoS”, Application : HTTP, Port from : 8081 or 8080, Protocol : Both, IP Address : 192.200.59.240 (this is the WAN ip i enter), Port to : 8081 or 8080, Enable : check box. here I tried both the Ports 8081 or 8080, none work.

2---Add, Application : PAP2T, Port from : 8081, Protocol : Both, IP Address : 192.168.1.135 (this is the ip of pap2t i enter), Port to : 8081, Enable : check box, Apply Settings.

Still I did not get success, my Laptop is not communication with PAP2T from remote location.

I understand I don't need this, but still I like to do this Port Forwarding, before I go ahead for Wget or cURL etc.
As every body know this is simple PORT FORWARDIN, you all guys get success with in 10 minutes, but in my case, I spend days, never success at all.

thanks

graysonf
MVM
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

I can't make any sense of what you are doing. Find the manual for your router and read it.
RonR
join:2003-10-10
Ash Flat, AR

RonR to tester2

to tester2
said by tester2:

2---Add, Application : PAP2T, Port from : 8081, Protocol : Both, IP Address : 192.168.1.135 (this is the ip of pap2t i enter), Port to : 8081, Enable : check box, Apply Settings.

Try changing "Port to : 8081" to "Port to : 80".

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

1 recommendation

garys_2k to tester2

Premium Member

to tester2
Again, why would you want to allow outsiders to access your ATA?
tester2

tester2

hi there, I don't want to allow outsider to reboot my PAP2T etc.

I like to learn PORT FORWARDING how to do on my PAP2T, because in future I am planning to buy a Security Camera system, so I have to do Port Forwarding on Security Camera also to watch my Cameras Remotely.

So I must first like to learn Remotely "How to Reboot my PAP2T by using Port Forwarding", I hope I clear your doubt.

So let me know, what I have to do to Reboot PAP2T remotely from another location, because I still could not get success, I tried many things in my Router.

As I know you all of you guy can do this PORT FORWARDING with in 10 minutes and you get Success with out any problem, but I spend days, still I could not get success.

Any help appricated,

Thanks

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
MVM
North Las Vegas, NV

billaustin

MVM

You only need one port forwarding rule (based on the reboot command you have shown to work from inside your network). Forward port 8081 to the IP address of your ATA. Enter the reboot command from inside your network using the IP address of the ATA. Enter the reboot command from outside your network using the WAN IP address.

If your ISP has you behind another NAT router, then this will not work unless the ISP sets up a port forwarding rule to get the traffic to you (which they may not be willing to do). You can check this by looking at your router status page. Compare the WAN IP address shown there to what is shown at whatismyip.com. If the addresses are not the same, you will not be able to get port forwarding to work. If the addresses are the same, then you are not correctly entering the forwarding rule in the router.
tester2

1 edit

tester2

Click for full size
the WAN IP is same inside my Router & on many sites I check all same whatismyip.com, there is no difference at all.

I have Modem with my ISP, then I have my own Linksys dd-wrt Router, I did this in the Router, so I attach photo for you to look at it.

And I change Port in my PAP2T : 8081, and IP:192.168.1.135.

there after save setting in both, still is nothing.

Thanks

Trev
AcroVoice & DryVoIP Official Rep
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC

Trev

Premium Member

Delete the second line of your port forwarding. Your WAN IP should not be there at all.
tester2

3 edits

tester2

Click for full size
I delete the 2nd line then I save the changes, after this I goto remote place, then I give WAN IP address try, it is showing page not found.

in my home Pap2t having like this settings, as shown in 2nd picture.

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
MVM
North Las Vegas, NV

billaustin

MVM

Save yourself a lot of hassle and use this tool: »www.yougetsignal.com/too ··· n-ports/
Until it shows the port as open, it's not going to work. Either the ISP has a firewall between you and the internet blocking the traffic, or something in your router needs adjusted. Also, it's pointless to wipe out the IP in the address bar, when you leave it showing clear in the middle of the screen shot.
tester2

3 edits

tester2

Click for full size
I use other tools also, it shows Port is Successfully Forwarded or Successfully Open like this below picture shows.

I try to connect to my PAP2T from 2 different Remote places, both of my friends having different ISP, in both case my Laptop or their PC unable to communicate with my PAP2T remotely from Remote location.