spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Pacomartin
join:2013-03-18
Bethlehem, PA

Pacomartin

[Phone] wifi phones

I think the low cost wifi phones from cablevision are a good idea. I hope RCN is considering them

Nophone
@rcn.com

Nophone

Anon

Cablevision has tens of thousands of wifi hotspots covering NYC metro, rcn does not have that anywhere so don't expect a similar offering.

machpost
join:2002-01-11
Washington, DC

machpost

said by Nophone :

Cablevision has tens of thousands of wifi hotspots covering NYC metro, rcn does not have that anywhere so don't expect a similar offering.

Comcast could easily offer something similar in this area. Just about everywhere you go, you can find an "xfinitywifi" SSID.
nycsun
join:2014-10-20
Houston, TX

nycsun to Pacomartin

to Pacomartin
Google will launch cell phone service. Google's service would hunt through cellular connections provided by Sprint Corp. and T-Mobile US Inc. and Wi-Fi "hot spots," picking whichever offers the best signal to route calls, texts and data, according to people familiar with the situation. but not sure about sound quality. I heard that freedompop sound quality is really bad. but it is cheap or even free monthly fee.

Pacomartin
join:2013-03-18
Bethlehem, PA

Pacomartin

I saw a service called scratch wireless which is an even better deal. For the $99 phone you get texting anywhere (wi-fi or cellular) and voice from wi-fi. You can buy "passes" on cellular on as need basis for $2 a day.
Pacomartin

Pacomartin

If you don't want to be tied to wi-fi WALMART and 'Virgin Mobile have an unlimited talk plan + 50 texts per month for $20. You must buy a phone with them, but the phones begin at $15. This offer is independent of the plans on their website.