Address an issue that caused Spotlight to stop displaying app results
I thought I was going nuts....

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Someone see if they finally fix the notification volume bug that's been around since 8.0

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike
Happy to see this update...Every once in a while apps would go missing and i was like wtf.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike
I have no use for spotlight. In fact I have it completely disabled with a JB tweak.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike
That one was driving me a little nuts too...

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

haroldo to HiVolt

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

I have no use for spotlight....

Use it all the time.

It's not perfect, but (for me) it's significantly faster and more effective at finding stuff than any other method

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

1 recommendation

Thinkdiff

MVM,

Yep. If you don't use Spotlight, you're using the phone wrong.

Glad to see that bug is fixed - was driving me nuts. I have no idea where any of my apps are past the first home screen.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike
Click for full size

obeythelaw
Premium Member
join:2003-04-16
Warren, NJ

obeythelaw to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike
10.10.2 on Yosemite is out as well.

crazyk4952
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

crazyk4952

Premium Member

said by obeythelaw:

10.10.2 on Yosemite is out as well.

Thanks! Installing it now...

About the update:

-This update includes the following improvements:
-Resolves an issue that might cause Wi-Fi to disconnect
-Resolves an issue that might cause web pages to load slowly
-Fixes an issue that could cause Spotlight to load remote email content when this preference is disabled in Mail
-Improves audio and video sync when using Bluetooth headphones
-Adds the ability to browse iCloud Drive in Time Machine
-Improves VoiceOver speech performance
-Resolves an issue that could cause VoiceOver to echo characters when entering text on a web page
-Addresses an issue that could cause the input method to switch languages unexpectedly
-Improves stability and security in Safari

alg
Passionately apathetic
Premium Member
join:2001-04-10
Houston, TX

alg to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike
Is this the first iOS update in a while that didn't automatically enable Bluetooth or was that fixed in a previous update?

GuruGuy
Premium Member
join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA

GuruGuy to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike
I have pic folders syncing and showing up on devices that aren't checked to be synced. Great.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to Mike

to Mike
136 MB.

owlyn
MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA

owlyn to Mike

MVM

to Mike
There are a ton of security fixes. I suspect those are the main reasons for the update.

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike
Curious to hear how well it works on an iPad 2. I noticed performance issues on friend's iPad 2's that updated to 8.x while mine left at 7.x performs just fine.

kragop
join:2006-02-15
Scarborough, ON

kragop to HiVolt

to HiVolt
update on this??? anyone...
johnpd
Premium Member
join:2003-11-20
Green Valley, AZ

johnpd

Premium Member

You might want to check the Apple Community Forums. The news is not good. One of the fixes supposedly resolving a problem logging into iMessage and Facetime did not resolve the problem. Also there is still no resolution included in this update for the WiFi issues many are having with 8.x.

JohnD
daveinpoway
Premium Member
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA

daveinpoway

Premium Member

Since iOS 8 came out, I have had problems with the iPhone 5 keyboard intermittently freezing up. Hopefully 8.1.3 has fixed this; it is too soon to know.

I know that iOS 8.2 is being worked on- maybe this will fix some of the issues that 8.1.3 did not (there is always hope).

Black_Mage
Premium Member
join:2012-09-12
USA

Black_Mage to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike
Installed on my iPhone 6+ and iPad mini last night. No problems so far.

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium Member
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX

banditws6 to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike
Installed last night on my 6 Plus, seemed to have no issues. Only this evening did I realize that I had received not a single notification since then -- new email, reminders, Twitter replies, nothing -- even though I had actually received all of these things. Another reboot of the phone seemed to fix it.
andychrist
join:2005-02-12
Germantown, NY

andychrist to Mike

to Mike
So right after installing on my iPad 3rd Gen, I try Slide to Unlock and nada, nada, nada until the fourth try. Then enter my passcode and none of my touches register until after they are all entered. Restarted and everything seems fine. But for an update that was supposed to address multitasking gestures on the iPad, this update sure had me scared for a while.

alg
Passionately apathetic
Premium Member
join:2001-04-10
Houston, TX

alg to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike
This morning I found that my 5S had disabled iMessage and text message forwarding to iPad all on its own. Also, after I had to go and manually turn that all back on the option for FaceTime cellular calling had totally disappeared from both my phone and iPad. I had to restart both several times to get that option back.
Daemon
Premium Member
join:2003-06-29
Washington, DC

Daemon to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike
I'm still dealing with an issue where, after being connected to a particular wifi network (At work) for more than a few hours, the entire phone loses connectivity to the internet whether on wifi or cellular and requires a reboot to fix.

Definitely a software issue, as bluetooth works, the phone connects to different cell towers, and it still detects all wifi networks.

It's a sporadic problem--sometimes I can go through a day without seeing it, other times it appears 15 minutes after I reboot to fix it.
Expand your moderator at work

DevilOnE
Fozzie the buttplug, Vu the shitkicker
Premium Member
join:2003-12-12
Evansville, IN

DevilOnE to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike

Re: iOS 8.1.3 released

On my iPhone 6 , Siri will respond when I say "hey Siri" and it's not connected to a power source and I'm not jailbroken.
daveinpoway
Premium Member
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA

daveinpoway

Premium Member

I see that iOS 8.1.3 has not fixed the issue of my iPhone 5 keyboard intermittently freezing- the problem happened again this morning. Oh, well.

GuruGuy
Premium Member
join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA

GuruGuy to DevilOnE

Premium Member

to DevilOnE
I leave my phone docked during the day and play SiriusXM most of the day. 99% of the time anyone says Sirius (Siri) she comes on and asks what she can do

This has never been an issue before

owlyn
MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA
Netgear CM2050V
Netgear RBRE960
Netgear RBSE960

owlyn

MVM

I've found Siri to be not that useful. I've tested it when I know what the best results are (nearby gas stations, specific types of restaurants, etc.), and it fails almost every time. For example, one time I was walking in the rain and asked "Siri, what is the current weather?" "Cloudy..." Um, thanks, but... um....no....

Titus
Mr Gradenko
join:2004-06-26

Titus to urbanriot

to urbanriot
It seemed teh snappier at first, but now my iPad 2 is sluggish - mainly Safari's horrible performance when a page contains dynamic content.
said by urbanriot:

I noticed performance issues on friend's iPad 2's that updated to 8.x while mine left at 7.x performs just fine.

ArgMeMatey
join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI

ArgMeMatey to GuruGuy

to GuruGuy
said by GuruGuy:

I leave my phone docked during the day ... 99% of the time anyone says Sirius (Siri) she comes on and asks what she can do

This has never been an issue before

Assuming you know you can switch off Settings>General>Siri>Allow "Hey Siri"
Are you saying the sensitivity or ability to discriminate between similar sounds has changed?