spc
Search similar:

uniqs
wolfy339
join:2005-04-30
Edmonds, WA

wolfy339

[DSL] Slow webpage load

Is anyone else near Seattle experiencing problems with slow web page loading or pages not loading at all? Or is it just me? This is happening at various points throughout the day, the only things I can find consistent right now is that it happens after my computer goes to screensaver and I have to reboot the DSL modem to fix it.

ampexperts
@32.217.34.x

ampexperts

Anon

I'm on the east coast and have been having almost constant problems with packet loss and web pages that never load, or load only the banner and then get stuck permanently never loading, since Oct 25th of last year when Frontier took over from AT&T here. My speeds are down to half what they were for the prior ten years I had the same DSL line and have never returned to normal.
I can't reach Amazon's web site, and quite a few news and magazine web sites stop loading at the banner. Sites that used to load quickly now take up to a minute to load. We can't stream video and even audio streams pause frequently to buffer. Last year, we could watch 1080P Youtube video with occasional buffering, and 720P with no buffering. Now we have trouble with 144P, which spends more time buffering than playing.
Very frustrated!