Search similar:

uniqs
alex14464
join:2004-11-11
Bonne Terre, MO

1 edit

alex14464

customer service

Tried to get my line transferd to new location. Rep tells me it's not available and tells me I'm responsible for early termination fee!! What kind of company dose this? It's not my fault that you guys cant provide service to the new location. What is the solution to this problem? Please help

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

Re: Absolute horrible customer service

Not to be argumentative, but if you sign up for service with an annual contract at a given location, then fulfilling the contract actually is your responsibility; it's an annual contract for service at that place, not "service at that place for one year unless you decide you want to move, whichever comes first." We can't predict when or where our customers will move. If you sign, say, an apartment lease, and then decide to move before the year is up, your contract terms still stand. We do offer to let our customers overwrite their existing contracts with new ones if they move to another location that we can service, but this is a courtesy; it'd be like if you moved from one apartment to another one managed by the same company, and they decide to let you out of your initial contract and return your deposit for the first apartment because you're still signing up with them at the new location.

Now, I did try prequalifying the address you IM'd me earlier and as mentioned, I had to include an apartment number in order to get a positive prequalification result (and the results I got showed trueSTREAM available up to 45Mbps). When you spoke with the representative, did you provide a specific apartment number, or were you just trying to prequalify the address without it?
alex14464
Bonne Terre, MO

alex14464

The address is a diff one. We ended up not moving to this location. I understand the apartment view and can not be compared to this. Out of all company's I have delt with including cell providers. If they can not provide service to the subs new address the contrac is terminated. And not the costumer to be charged and early term fee. That's not right at all
alex14464

alex14464

Any solution to this problem? anyway to get this charge waived? I could understand charging the fee if I where moving to a location that the service was available at and I did not take it. but this is not the case. I think someone needs to correct this. any reputable company will. thank you

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

It's really not my call; contract negotiation would need to be taken up with our Billing department. As far as I know, usually contracts only get voided out during a move if the user is having to leave due to natural disaster, eg. a fire or hurricane, in which case the ILEC in the area agrees that we are unable to continue to offer service at the contracted location. I'm not sure what other companies would void out a location-specific contract, especially considering we're already waiving the usual $200 installation fee. After all, that's generally how such offers work: we pay the initial costs up-front with the expectation that a portion of your monthly fees over the next year will eventually help defray the cost to us. Subscription prices are also lower while under contract, too; just like with any subscription-based service, you get a cheaper price for committing to a longer contract period than if you just buy a one-off use of the service or sign up for a month-to-month subscription. If you weren't under contract, then you would have had to pay that installation fee up-front, and the monthly costs would have been higher, too.

One option which might work is if you know who is going to be moving into your current location where the service is contracted; might be possible to transfer the account to the new tenant? A bit unorthodox but maybe we could work something out.
alex14464
Bonne Terre, MO

alex14464

Well got another idea got a friend that is willing to take my account. They live where they can get it. Would that be an option?

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

That might work. Let me have one of the billing reps give you a call tomorrow to go over it with you?
alex14464
Bonne Terre, MO

alex14464

That will work thank u
MikeRich88
join:2003-05-04
Houston, TX
ARRIS BGW210-700
ARRIS SB6190

MikeRich88 to alex14464

to alex14464

Re: customer service

This whole thread reminds me of a question I asked when I was first considering to sign up for DSL Extreme service.

At the time, I lived in an apartment building, which had been purchased by a developer several months prior. Based upon the past activities of the developer, it was probable that they would eventually demolish the building, in order to develop a more profitable high-rise. In the state of Texas, even if you have a lease, the landlord may still terminate the lease at will, but only if they intend to evict everyone and demolish the building.

However, "eventually" could be 6 months or a year, or 5 years in the case of one property they bought before the recession.

I would argue that having to move under such conditions would constitute having to move under duress, while not personally at fault. It does not represent "[deciding] you want to move". In that situation, one would be under pressure to find a new residence very quickly. The availability of AT&T (and this, DSL Extreme) services would be, understandably, quite low on the list of considerations.
alex14464
Bonne Terre, MO

alex14464

just wanted to let eve one know thanks to nick all this has been taken care off. now just to get my bill back to normal next task thanks nick! wish you where the first one i talked to lol