spc
Search similar:

uniqs

couzin2000
@electronicbox.net

couzin2000

Anon

Spain channels

I'm with Videotron. I'm looking for a way to get Canal Sur (Andalucia), Antenna Tres, and Telecinco, all Spain channels. If there's a way to get more, I'd be very appreciative. I want these channels because my in-laws are Spanish and want to see the news from spain. They are available through web, or dedicated apps, but nothing that works EASILY on my TV. Not even with Chromecast, Apple Tv, Ipad, nothing.

I want something simple like a remote control.
Any help?
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather

Premium Member

You may be stuck. If the Canadian BDU's have chosen not to carry those channels you won't be able to get them through Videotron and the like.

An option may be a free-to-air satellite dish (not to be confused with grey/black market Dish or DirectTV service). There should be some satellites that carry unscrambled Spanish channels.

Canaca
Premium Member
join:2007-03-05
Mississauga, ON

Canaca to couzin2000

Premium Member

to couzin2000
You can always try to get a BDU to sponsor the channels into the Canadian market.

For example we have been thinking about sponsoring a few Portuguese channels. This is assuming the content owners are even interested.

rodger1
@bell.ca

rodger1

Anon

Most spanish ppl in ontario just suck it up and watch tln telelatino since its the only source of spanish even though the language is different.
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather

Premium Member

How is the language "different"? Spanish is Spanish.

FTA is another option as there are several Spanish channels (not necessarily from Spain) on some the satellites.

GreenEnvy22
join:2011-08-04
St Catharines, ON

GreenEnvy22

Spanish isn't the same everywhere, just like English isn't the same, french, Portuguese, etc.

Go try talking to someone from Glasgow, or even parts of newfoundland. You'll need to concentrate to follow along.

To the OP, online video is probably your best bet.