uniqs

Catch22
join:2013-07-04
Trumbull, CT
2Wire 3801HGV

1 edit

Catch22

Connecticut Charter Vs Frontier Uverse

WOW! I priced a Charter package based on my U400 and BB Pro. Amazing that they charge monthly for wifi plus I think you need to rent a DVR for each STB. Obviously the broadband is faster but holy smokes!

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

Smith6612

MVM

The Wi-Fi fee is a modem rental fee in essence, if I'm not mistaken. Time Warner used to do the same before they just decided billing everyone $8/m using their modems for data. The fees before the rental fees were just to enable the Wi-Fi radio.

mitchell195
join:2012-03-25
Trumbull, CT
Juniper SRX220
Cisco Meraki MR16

mitchell195 to Catch22

to Catch22
said by Catch22:

WOW! I priced a Charter package based on my U400 and BB Pro. Amazing that they charge monthly for wifi plus I think you need to rent a DVR for each STB. Obviously the broadband is faster but holy smokes!

That fee is for rental of a standalone netgear wi-fi router (Has Charter Firmware) which connects to the cable modem they provide for free. I personally skipped the router option as I use my own business class equipment.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17

1 edit

Darknessfall to Catch22

Premium Member

to Catch22
Ouch, $245.94 monthly for that? The triple play seems cheaper, but then you need to consider all of the pricey taxes and fees with phone.

OpTiC
Premium Member
join:2014-03-08
West Covina, CA

OpTiC

Premium Member

Ouch, $245.94. I see you have a al late carte option. If you bundle it would be alot cheaper with phone and triple play gold. Trust me switch to triple play gold and all premiums are included on triple play gold. The router they provide is not a combo it's a regular netgear n750 router. I would rather remove the router and purchase the same one from amazon.
54761437 (banned)
join:2013-01-18
Durham, NC

54761437 (banned) to Catch22

to Catch22
said by Catch22:

Simple solution: ditch all those ridiculous premium channels and get a CableCard. Or ditch cable TV altogether.

OpTiC
Premium Member
join:2014-03-08
West Covina, CA

OpTiC

Premium Member

Charter charges $2 for a cable card. The funny part is Charter is his area is using the SARA guide so I would use the cable card.