uniqs

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita

Premium Member

[Anime] Toonami shrinking - here we go again

Well, starting 2/7 - the same night Kill la Kill premieres, Toonami will see it's programming block cut from 11:30P - 6A to 12A-3:30A...... damn.

12:00 - DBZ Kai
12:30 - Kill la Kill
01:00 - Naruto: Shippuden
01:30 - Inuyasha: The Final Act
02:00 - Gurren Lagann
02:30 - One Piece
03:00 - Deadman Wonderland

Granted, I'm not usually up @ 3AM, so anything on that late I'd miss anyway, and that was usually their filler time, Bebop, GitS, etc, so losing those hours isn't bad to me, but it's bad to the brand.

It's no news that the programming execs over at CN/AS don't like anime, they've made that clear several times, they'd rather run another couple of Family Guy episodes or American Dad. They've done this before, and they will eventually kill the entire thing, because, well, people want more Saul of the Mole-men, and other such stoner fare.

»toonami.tumblr.com/post/ ··· -changes
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

said by captokita:

It's no news that the programming execs over at CN/AS don't like anime, they've made that clear several times, they'd rather run another couple of Family Guy episodes or American Dad. They've done this before, and they will eventually kill the entire thing, because, well, people want more Saul of the Mole-men, and other such stoner fare.

For them to even use the name "Cartoon" Network is an abomination.

It's not just Anime they don't like, but anything of quality.

They are so ignorant that they mix up Bob Clampett with Jed Clampett.

They are so ignorant that they think Max Fleischer was a heavyweight boxer.

They are so ignorant that they think Don Bluth was Queen Isabella's chief adviser.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by PX Eliezer1:

They are so stoned that

FTFY