spc
Search similar:

uniqs
pulpz
join:2009-05-14
Glendale, AZ

pulpz

[AZ] Outage in Glendale

Internet has been down since around 5AM MST Tuesday and have been told at least 5 different times for access to be restored. Of course none of them have been correct...all they've said is the issue (whatever that may be) is affecting the node I'm on.

Upside, I actually got things done that I've been putting off, but come on, 3 days of downtime for whatever the reason(s) is ridiculous. Had to wait till I got to work to post this.

Anyone else experiencing this downtime in the area?

-pulpz

Kosh
We are all Kosh
Premium Member
join:2005-11-16
Z'ha'dum

Kosh

Premium Member

Another Glendale resident here - out of curiosity, are you on the north or south end of town? I'm at 51st ave and Union Hills and my neighbors with Cox haven't had any issues (I'm on Centurylink myself).
pulpz
Glendale, AZ

pulpz

I'm South of you, 46th Dr & Glendale. Finally came back by the time I got home from work that morning. But, as of 1PM Saturday it was down yet again...I love the price hikes for supposed infrastructure improvements...You mentioned Centurylink, I've been looking into switching to them, how's your service been with them if you don't mind me asking?

-pulpz

Kosh
We are all Kosh
Premium Member
join:2005-11-16
Z'ha'dum

Kosh

Premium Member

Reliability on C-link is great in my neighborhood. Zero downtime since I started in October 2013, very consistent speeds across the board. Their top tier speed (40/20) is what I chose, and it is fine for my needs. I actually pull closer to 47/18 in real world scenarios.

Naturally, it's neighborhood dependent. I do think both providers are redlining (building best infrastructure in wealthier areas). It might be worth talking to your neighbors to see which of the two works best for them.
pulpz
Glendale, AZ

pulpz

Cool, thanks for the feedback
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to Kosh

to Kosh
I wouldn't say it is on purpose redlining all the time. Both Centurylink and Cox have older neighborhoods. Both have to upgrade old plant in places at times. I know when it was still Qwest they had quite a few issues in some older neighborhoods. Plastic wrap substituting for broken covers and cable that was corroded to green.
Just newer is newer and hopefully is less weather and heat worn. Phoenix baking in summer dry rots plant.