Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive

Premium Member

[Game] Battlefield Hardline Open Beta - February 3 and February 8

Battlefield Hardline’s open multiplayer beta will be active between February 3 and February 8*. Available to players worldwide on PC via Origin, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360, the open beta will give you a small taste of what’s in store when the game hits the streets beginning March 17.

»battlelog.battlefield.co ··· ary-3rd/

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· BY#t=318

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

I thought the very first Beta we all played was pretty damn cool. This game definitely feels different from BF4. The Blood Money game mode was cool.

This game and TW3 are really the only games I'm looking forward to right now.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I kind of had the opposite reaction. If anything, this was like the Vietnam expac for BF:BC2. It's not a whole new game. It looked and felt exactly like BF4, just reskinned. Hell, the little bird was practically identical, with both 7.62mm minigun and 20mm or 25mm cannon. Make it a $25 expac for BF4, not a $60 new AAA game.

Raible
join:2008-01-23
Plainfield, IN

Raible to Harddrive

to Harddrive
Kris kind of took the words right out of my mouth. I was watching the video above and thinking the whole time, wow this just looks like BF4. Perhaps that's why they didn't even try to justify it and just called it "Battlefield". Anyway, I suppose the single player might be pretty cool but suspect the multi-player will be the same ole drill with different skins and different maps.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

I kind of had the opposite reaction. If anything, this was like the Vietnam expac for BF:BC2. It's not a whole new game. It looked and felt exactly like BF4, just reskinned. Hell, the little bird was practically identical, with both 7.62mm minigun and 20mm or 25mm cannon. Make it a $25 expac for BF4, not a $60 new AAA game.

Well, to be fair, we played 1 map, and 1 game mode for like a day and half.

I wouldn't exactly base this as being a mere expansion pack, off of that kind of short lived experience

cheesyyellow
join:2009-06-04
Poulsbo, WA

cheesyyellow to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
I felt the same way playing the original beta. Since it's built on the Frostbite 3.0 engine it's going to look a lot like Battlefield 4.

What I'm really interested in is what Visceral has done with all of the feedback they received from the first beta.

Harddrive
Premium Member
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive

Premium Member

The Beta Pre-load just came up on Origin.

cheesyyellow
Poulsbo, WA

cheesyyellow to Harddrive

to Harddrive
I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I might get a chance to put in an hour or so tonight. But man this game is getting raped on reddit. Not many good reviews.
cheesyyellow

to Harddrive
Playing one round all I have to say is...Holy hell tune down the recoil.

More to follow...

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Gonna be on this tonight!

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

Yep, I'm playing tonight.

Hopefully all you gays will be on Teamspeak.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

You missed an amazing night last night on Silk Road. I think our little bird was only shot down 3 times in about 4 hours of playing.

cheesyyellow
Poulsbo, WA

to Harddrive
I'll be on tonight. Probably after 7:00 PST. 14 hour days suck.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

You missed an amazing night last night on Silk Road. I think our little bird was only shot down 3 times in about 4 hours of playing.

I had a fun time on Silk Road the other night. I usually despise that map. But with a full squad, it's fun.

Harddrive
Premium Member
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive

Premium Member

Played on some dust map. Slightly enjoyable. I'll buy it for $25.
Harddrive

1 recommendation

Harddrive

Premium Member

lol.
Ted Nugent - Stranglehold is one of the song on the radio.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· d7QgZr7g

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

1 recommendation

Ghastlyone to Harddrive

Premium Member

to Harddrive
This game is fuckin trash.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

1 recommendation

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I thought it was fun, but $20-30 fun, not $60-80.

Antonica is also inclined to hate it. Every bug is because it is trash.

cheesyyellow
Poulsbo, WA

cheesyyellow to Ghastlyone

to Ghastlyone
I've been enjoying it just for the absurdity of it. I've had a blast playing hotwire, but I'm sure it would get old after about 2 weeks.

Gundy
Premium Member
join:2002-10-29

Gundy to Harddrive

Premium Member

to Harddrive
I'd buy it if it was like 20$. No way I'd be spending full retail on it. It's fun and gets more fun when you have friends that play, especially in the hotwire mode. Heist can be fun, but I feel like shotguns are EXTREMELY strong at the moment.

One thing I really didn't like was the gun acquiring system. You buy a gun and it's specifically for that faction (cops or criminals). Takes a bit to get a good gun and even then its only for one side.

And dust bowl hotwire mode is complete bullshit. Having a good team in a blackhawk can absolutely wreck a game. And there is no way to bring it down since you cannot buy stingers at the moment and or find them on that map mode. That being said, stingers are still OP as fuck. Playing conquest large on dust bowl and there's a chopper? Shoot one missle he flares, reload in a heartbeat and launch another to down the chopper. There is literally fuck all a pilot can do.

Mcrobrewer
Premium Member
join:2001-03-04
Trenton, NJ

Mcrobrewer

Premium Member

FYI you can takedown the copters with sniper rifles.

Its a good game but I am not sure worth the price.... reminds me a lot of CS with the buying system.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Harddrive

Premium Member

to Harddrive
Visuals look worse compared to the first beta last year. BF4 Beta looked better than this. It's as if they downgraded the game since then.

That's not even my main gripe though. I can look past sub par visuals. It's the weapon handling and accuracy that's down right horrible. I just can't believe how shitty all the weapons feel.

BonezX
Basement Dweller
Premium Member
join:2004-04-13
Canada

BonezX

Premium Member

Remember when BF4 came out and they had their update to the movement system and everyone said it sucked ?

yea this game uses the same one, and it still sucks.

Just about everything feels "clunky", movement feels bad, aiming feels bad, not to mention that hit detection is like sitting in the "way back" machine to BF4 launch day, overall I found it a pretty terrible experience.

Not to mention the first server I played on had someone obviously cheating.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to Harddrive

MVM

to Harddrive
I played the first beta and thought it was pretty good. I am still a fan of BF4 though. Maybe its the wide range of maps and unlocks. Either way, I like the whole concept of Hardline, but I have to see more of it if they want me to drop $60 on it.

BonezX
Basement Dweller
Premium Member
join:2004-04-13
Canada

BonezX

Premium Member

The first beta was WAY better then this current one, it's like they took a big massive step backwards with it.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Anyone get this?

cheesyyellow
Poulsbo, WA

cheesyyellow

I picked it up. Played 3 hours so far, but haven't touched the campaign yet.

So far I'm having a lot of fun with it, but it isn't that much different that BF4 gameplay wise. Obviously the vehicles are quite a bit different. The new game modes are pretty fun. I've played quite a bit of hotwire which feels like a hybrid of GTA and CoD. Haven't played Heist or Blood money since the first Beta, but I remember them being a lot of fun as well.

If you're still playing BF4 and having fun with it I would save your money. If your looking for a shooter with a different flavor then I would pick it up.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Harddrive

Premium Member

to Harddrive
Angry Joe just posted a review of this, and roasted the shit out of it.

I think he gave it a 5/10. While his score for BF4 is an 8-9/10.

I'll skip this one for sure. I think even at $19.99, I'd have to think long and hard about buying it.

cheesyyellow
Poulsbo, WA

cheesyyellow

I haven't watched his review yet, but I'll assume that a lot of it is based on the campaign being garbage and the multiplayer being a rehashed and reskinned BF4.

And fuck Angry Joes shilling ass.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

1 recommendation

TigerLord to Ghastlyone

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

Angry Joe just posted a review of this, and roasted the shit out of it.

I think he gave it a 5/10. While his score for BF4 is an 8-9/10.

I'll skip this one for sure. I think even at $19.99, I'd have to think long and hard about buying it.

Smooth gameplay with the Alienware though!