spc
Search similar:

uniqs

FaxCap
join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC

FaxCap

How all disruptive passenger diverts should end

Cost her a few dollars....and so it should!!!

»www.cbc.ca/news/canada/n ··· .2927853

FaxCap

BGB
Wants moar interwebz
Premium Member
join:2009-07-09
Waterloo, ON

BGB

Premium Member

They should also pay for any costs occurred by other passengers that were late arriving. I know I would be pissed if I missed a connection or some event i was heading to because of someone like that.
donaldk
Premium Member
join:2000-10-19
Halifax, NS

donaldk

Premium Member

Take airline/passenger to small claims. Let them sort it out.

Mark
I stand with my feet
join:2009-07-11
Canada

Mark to FaxCap

to FaxCap

When another attendant approached to talk about her behaviour, Johansson doused her with water and threw the empty water bottle.

Where is the assault charge and conviction? I'm no fan of how passengers get treated, I've been victim myself, but this is a complete and total lack of impulse control that warrants more than a simple mischief charge.

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey

Premium Member

said by Mark:

Where is the assault charge and conviction?

Dropped in exchange for a guilty plea to "mischief and endangering an aircraft under the Aeronautics Act."

Too bad she didn't get jail time, she'll probably just skip town without paying her $15k fine.

Mark
I stand with my feet
join:2009-07-11
Canada

Mark

I see it now, she had 4 assault charges!

Wow, they didn't need to flea bargain her down to mischief whatsoever, how many witnesses? Good grief.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1 to mackey

Premium Member

to mackey
said by mackey:

Too bad she didn't get jail time, she'll probably just skip town without paying her $15k fine.

Sounds like the judge wouldn't mind that if the result is that she never returns to Canada.

But she may grow up. Hell, even Justin Bieber is apologising today.

-----

She was upset that she wasn't seated with her husband, but I bet that [he] was happy.

thebaron
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Zegema Beach

1 edit

thebaron to FaxCap

Premium Member

to FaxCap
To be fair, fuck Air Canada they are the worst airline ever.

Everytime we fly. And I mean every. single. time. We check in early. Sometimes a few hours before takeoff and they never seat us together. Oh. That's an extra fee.

Wtf is that?

The last time when we checked in we asked to be seated together. The lady at check in said there was no seats next to one another (after coughing all over our passports).

Once we got to the gate and saw we were the first to arrive we asked the gate attendant again if there were seats next to one another available. "Of course" she said after showing us the seating chart on her screen with about 50% of the seats being available and switched us.

The bitch at check in purposely sat us apart.

Again, fuck Air Canada.

Edit: I should clarify that I in no way think it was OK for her to assault people on the plane, however after flying Air Canada too many times, I can understand her frustration.
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather

Premium Member

Must be a recent thing because the last time Mrs. Weather and I flew AC (2009) we had no problem getting seats next to each other. In fact, any airline we've flown we've always been able to sit together.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to FaxCap

MVM

to FaxCap
1) She can't skip out on the whole $15k, because she already paid $10k in bail and agreed to forfeit it towards the judgement. She now only owes $5k.

2) Air Canada is consistently rated the best airline in North America, by more than one group, for many years now. Whatever your complaints, they're far better than most of the competition. That's not to say that airlines like Porter aren't going to offer a better experience, but their limited scope is likely at fault for their lack of standing. There are only even four airlines in North America with a 4-star skytrax rating, the other three being Porter, Virgin, and Jet Blue.

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium Member
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N

A Lurker to Mark

Premium Member

to Mark
said by Mark:

Wow, they didn't need to flea bargain her down to mischief whatsoever, how many witnesses? Good grief.

Yes, but witnesses who don't live in the jurisdiction. If it had gone to trial it would likely have been a logistical nightmare, trying to get people to agree to fly back for the trial. It was almost certainly going to end with a plea bargain so it could be over. They basically counted on her not fighting a fine, but if jail time had been involved she likely would have.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to thebaron

Premium Member

to thebaron
Was her name Carol?

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 18tUUb2Y

d4m1r
join:2011-08-25

d4m1r to FaxCap

to FaxCap
I have a different view of things like this actually....

Everyone needs to abuse their (airlines/security/etc) reaction until they policy changes. For example, just sit on a plane and keep yelling "DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN" for like 5 minutes....How much you wanna bet they will almost instantly land an entire plane of 100-200 people just because you repeated the word of where you wanted to go a couple of times....

If enough people do this, they will (hopefully) not keep landing these planes for the stupidest of reasons and disrupt 100-200 people because of 1 person. This is just as much the airlines/over-policing fault as it is the disruptive passengers....

And yes I did borrow my example from Louie CK

Ian1
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18
ON

Ian1 to Guspaz

Premium Member

to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

Air Canada is consistently rated the best airline in North America, by more than one group, for many years now.

How come I've never met a single person who flies them regularly that would rate them highly?

I'm with thebaron See Profile. Air Canada is just plain awful, and has been for decades. I see your 4-star "Skytrax" rating and raise a 2-star TripAdvisor rating from over 1,000 raters.

Incidentally, I am sure the fine folks at Air Canada will be passing on a portion of the judgment to the 100s of passengers who actually suffered the brunt of this. What's that? Right. Not.....one.....nickel.

Any word on which brainiac Air Canada employee let the clearly lit South African woman onto the plane in the first place? She was still loaded after sleeping it off for hours. That's some fine gate-work there Louise.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to thebaron

Premium Member

to thebaron
said by thebaron:

To be fair, fuck Air Canada they are the worst airline ever.

And they're proclaimed the best North American airline for 4-5 years in a row.
Go figure.

Thingamajig
Premium Member
join:2004-11-03
B.C.

Thingamajig

Premium Member

said by MaynardKrebs:

And they're proclaimed the best North American airline for 4-5 years in a row.
Go figure.

Must be the airlines of North America. Most recently having flown LAN (South American) the difference isn't even measurable. I'd fly LAN anywhere. A-C I try to avoid at all costs.

ArthurS
Watch Those Blinking Lights
Premium Member
join:2000-10-28
Hamilton, ON

ArthurS to FaxCap

Premium Member

to FaxCap
Sorry, I stopped following those "best airline" surveys long ago, the criteria is far from reality and skewed to favour the incumbents. That said, I'd take Westjet over Air Canada for destinations shared by both airlines. For any other destination, I'd look elsewhere.

FaxCap
join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC

FaxCap

said by ArthurS:

I'd take Westjet over Air Canada for destinations shared by both airlines.

I've told this story here before. Westjet Vancouver to Toronto....Air Canada Toronto
to Barbados. The difference in airlines was shocking! Westjet...clean well kept 737
with a great cabin crew. Air Canada...beat up AB 319....seats that wouldn't stay
forward....told cabin crew and got a "too bad so sad" response. Cabin crew were old
and bitchy. My wife asked for a bottle of water and the stew literally threw it at her
for 10 feet away with a non-cheerful "Here" then she waddled back up the aisle.

FaxCap

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
canada

EUS

Premium Member

flying used to be fun.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to FaxCap

MVM

to FaxCap
I can't recall ever having had a negative experience on an Air Canada flight. Most of my flights are regional US/CAN, but some have been international. Obviously you're going to get a much more comprehensive and fancy service on the international flights (like the Toronto to Tokyo run, flight number AC001), but my experience on all the short flights has also been good.

I don't fly super often, anywhere from four to eight flights per year depending on connections. But over the years I'd think that's a decent enough amount to have some idea... Then again, with the exception of the trip to Japan, I've never checked my luggage, instead relying on carryon with the occasional gate check. Airlines can't lose luggage that they don't handle, so perhaps I've avoided headaches by that approach.

I even had a good experience on Delta, which most people seem to hate... I flew to South Carolina, with connections, and their cabin crew were quite nice. They even gave me extra cookies (without asking for it).

Maybe I've just been lucky. But either way, I love flying.

Link Logger
MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

Link Logger to FaxCap

MVM

to FaxCap
I used to fly a lot (first name basis with a lot of different air crews type of a lot) and really the experience is what you make of it. This little princess got what she deserved (and I'll bet she will be looking for a new boyfriend too soon) and for that matter anyone else who wishes to be a giant butt wipe on a plane no matter what the logo on the plane says. Want to be the extra special snowflake on the flight, make sure its your own jet, otherwise shut up and sit down, its a plane not a spa.

Blake

ArthurS
Watch Those Blinking Lights
Premium Member
join:2000-10-28
Hamilton, ON

1 recommendation

ArthurS to Guspaz

Premium Member

to Guspaz
Hmmm, have you flown on AC Rouge yet??

»www.tsn.ca/super-bowl-di ··· 1.197624
"Generally a big fan of Air Canada, but fly to Phoenix on Air Canada Rouge. I always thought "Rouge" meant "red," but apparently it means "Seats only kittens can fit comfortably in." Need to work on my French."
jaberi
join:2010-08-13

jaberi to Link Logger

to Link Logger
said by Link Logger:

I used to fly a lot (first name basis with a lot of different air crews type of a lot) and really the experience is what you make of it. This little princess got what she deserved (and I'll bet she will be looking for a new boyfriend too soon) and for that matter anyone else who wishes to be a giant butt wipe on a plane no matter what the logo on the plane says. Want to be the extra special snowflake on the flight, make sure its your own jet, otherwise shut up and sit down, its a plane not a spa.

Blake

the fine is appropriate, some of our travelers don't know how lucky they are when they pull their pranks...

this story is still ongoing, since it happened....if that doesn't wake someone up i don't know what would.

»www.nytimes.com/2014/12/ ··· tml?_r=0
jaberi

jaberi to ArthurS

to ArthurS
i bet some poor kittens out there would love those condos er seats.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to ArthurS

MVM

to ArthurS
No, I've only flown Jazz/Express and regular. Love the Q400. CRJ is a little cramped. 777 to Tokyo was quite nice (but they've replaced it with the 787 Dreamliner on that route).
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to FaxCap

to FaxCap
When I hear the stories like this of disruptive passengers, all I can think of is these folks must think the world revolves around them.

I'm sorry but just because you paid an airfare doesn't give you the right to behave like an idiot towards the airline staff or the other passengers.

As to disliking Air Canada, I've had good experiences and bad ones but that's true of almost any airline out there. The trip to Dallas last year where I in fact paid a business class fare was one of the low points, including zero assistance with my bag or getting on the plane at Pearson. I realize it was an early flight and they may not have had all their counterstaff up and running, but when the TSA folks at security are letting me cutting through lines when they saw me trying to deal with the lineup, that tells me something...

The return trip from Dallas Fort Worth was even funnier, no counter staff at *all* and I had to figure out the self check-in procedure with the obtuse kiosks that were standing there and lug my bag around myself.

NefCanuck