spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Elthesh
join:2001-12-01
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Elthesh

Line In and SPDIF at the same time?

Is there any way to have the audio Line In and SPDIF optical input active at the same time? I have game systems routed through the sound card to play from the computer speaker setup and it's a bit annoying having to manually load up sound options and switch the default device between the two depending on which systems I'm playing at the time.

For reference, it's an HT Claro Plus card on Windows 7.

JimE
Premium Member
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL

JimE

Premium Member

Not that Im aware. Windows will only process a single input.

Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

Camelot One

MVM

That has been my experience as well, at least without going to a multi-track card. Even then, the inputs are tied to a particular program, not general playback.

printscreen
join:2003-11-01
Juana Diaz, PR

printscreen to Elthesh

to Elthesh
Odd. I have more than one inputs and they all work at the same time with no issues. I have the Line In into the sound board (from my A/V receiver), the microphpne input in the sound board (not used but device is active), the microphone from my webcam and a USB headset with microphone I use at times. They are all enabled and they all work when needed without having to go to sound and select any.

I don't know if this is a limitation of your sound board though, or if it has to do with one input being optical. My computer has on-board Intel HD Audio and does not have optical input.

JimE
Premium Member
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL

JimE

Premium Member

said by printscreen:

Odd. I have more than one inputs and they all work at the same time with no issues. I have the Line In into the sound board (from my A/V receiver), the microphpne input in the sound board (not used but device is active), the microphone from my webcam and a USB headset with microphone I use at times. They are all enabled and they all work when needed without having to go to sound and select any.

All different sources, and likely used for different apps. Line In and Mic are treated seperately by the audio chipset. The cam and USB input are both different chipsets.

OP is basically wanting to use two "Line In" inputs on the same audio chipset. It may be possible and supported by some audio card, but not on the standard chipsets I've used.