spc
Search similar:

uniqs

ATTAD
@69.80.74.x

ATTAD

Anon

At&t Ad on this site

Is there any way to block the AT&T ad at the top and middle of the page, whatever they are using to animate the ad, its freezing up my computer that I can no longer use my browser. This happens on both my windows 7 and on my macbook pro. both firefox and chrome.

I will stop coming to this site if it continues. And I am an AT&T customer, but the ad has to go.

arpawocky
Premium Member
join:2014-04-13
Columbus, OH

2 recommendations

arpawocky

Premium Member

Two methods that work:

1. Use an ad-blocker such as adblock plus

2. Become a premium member of this site.
taoman
Premium Member
join:2013-09-13
Seattle, WA

taoman to ATTAD

Premium Member

to ATTAD
You use Firefox but you don't use Adblock Plus?
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

1 recommendation

mazilo to ATTAD

Premium Member

to ATTAD
I have installed the following extensions on my Google Chrome browser to block most of the ads:
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

2 recommendations

PX Eliezer1 to ATTAD

Premium Member

to ATTAD
As was said, you may want to consider joining as a Premium member.

It's a one-time payment of $10 and helps to support the continued existence of this community.

-----

Aside from that, your browser may have an option to disable animations, even without installing any extra ad-blockers.
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

1 recommendation

JoelC707 to ATTAD

Premium Member

to ATTAD
You don't even have to become a premium member (unless this has recently changed?), just create an account here. Of course premium membership does help support the site. That said, obviously to do so you have to visit the site and possibly see that ad while you go through the signup process. In that case you need this for firefox: »addons.mozilla.org/en-US ··· ck-plus/ and/or this for chrome: »chrome.google.com/websto ··· hl=en-US.

tigerpaw509
join:2011-01-19

1 recommendation

tigerpaw509 to ATTAD

to ATTAD
I have both Mac and windows7 and never see this add with firefox
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

1 recommendation

JoelC707

Premium Member

Unless you visit the site as an anonymous (not logged in) user, you shouldn't ever see any ads whether you have an adblocker or not.

Weirdal
Premium Member
join:2003-06-28
Grand Island, NE

3 recommendations

Weirdal to ATTAD

Premium Member

to ATTAD
There is another alternative if you really don't want to register for some reason. DSLR lets you disable ads for an hour here:
»Site FAQ »Ad blocking options

That was really quite a progressive feature for a site in the days before Adblock.