Click for full size
Inside shower ceiling
Click for full size
Inside shower ceiling
Click for full size
Inside shower ceiling
Click for full size
Inside shower ceiling
So I've spent a few days researching and looking around and wasn't able to find the exact answers I was looking for and was hoping to find some answers here.

Essentially it looks like due to settling (7 yr old house) a gap has formed in our bathroom between a wall and the ceiling (picture attached). From what I've found in my research it looks like it could be grout that has cracked. My question is whether this is an appropriate place for caulk? While the space does not come in direct contact with water, being in the bathroom there is certainly considerable moisture around it.

Also, there are a few pictures below from inside the shower. It looks to me like what is currently in place is painted caulk. My research indicates using an acrylic caulk will allow for painting, but I was curious of others thoughts on this.

Thank you in advance for any responses. I've been learning a lot as a new homeowner and look forward to being able to contribute to these forums soon enough with my own experience.

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin

Mod

I think they used a colored caulk. You can get them to match the grout color.

Termites
@cox.net

Termites

Anon

said by robbin:

I think they used a colored caulk. You can get them to match the grout color.

Look at that tile on the floor OMG...

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin

Mod

The caulk Job could be neater. I would clean it up and re-caulk if it were mine.

nightdesigns
Gone missing, back soon
Premium Member
join:2002-05-31
AZ

nightdesigns to Dmbrown41

Premium Member

to Dmbrown41
If you know the original brand and color of the grout, many companies make a caulk tube type version of the grout for touch-ups.

Dmbrown41
@rr.com

Dmbrown41 to Dmbrown41

Anon

to Dmbrown41
Thanks for all of the responses!