Search similar:

uniqs

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

Paccy - how are things up NE Ohio area....?

I expect you guys are are getting what we were going to have...

LadyL
Premium Member
join:2002-09-18
Lorain, OH

LadyL

Premium Member

This morning intellicast stated 3-5" of snow...well, would you believe maybe 10" ? Well, maybe not 10", but it sure has snowed plenty ! I can't believe my city has plowed and salted so much today...this is the most I've ever seen the city actually come out in my area of the city in all the 38 years I've lived in this city !
I haven't seen or heard a vehicle of any kind (city or private) drive past my house in 2 hours...streets are really snow&ice covered...my son came by at 1PM with his snowplow...did my driveway, then used my snowblower for sidewalks,etc....1hr later, it was covered again with the same amount of snow that he blowed away *rolls eyes*
LadyL

LadyL

Premium Member

Daughter came over (lives up the block from me)...she had to drive her son to work cuz his '99 Caddy wouldn't start...no idea what the problem is, but he was parked on the tree lawn in front of their house, and maybe too much snow built up or whatever (he didn't work this weekend), works 6AM-2PM M-F (security guard at Republic Steel here)...anyway, she'll probably have to call a towtruck to get his car to our neighborhood automechanic's shop(he's also my neighbor ) to see what the problem could be.
She & her boyfriend were at the VFW last nite(SuperBowl party)(he's the Commander & she's the Aux President), and she said there were plenty of vehicles stuck/stranded in many places.
Since I don't drive in snow, I don't have to worry, besides my '99 Hyundai Accent can't get out of garage & onto the street cuz the city hasn't plowed since yesterday evening and there is plenty of snow&ice on our streets...I won't take any chances.
BTW, my Hyundai turned over to 50K last September...took 15-1/2 years to do so (bought the car new with 15 miles on it)

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH

1 edit

Pacrat to CylonRed

MVM

to CylonRed
We got about 5-6" of snow Saturday night/Sunday morning, but no appreciable winds so clearing the drive was no big deal, Then, about two hours after I finished, it started snowing again with an additional 1-2" of very wet, heavy snow. I went out late last night, after the football game and scraped that off. As I was finishing that up it started to rain. This morning my driveway was snow-less, but I could have ice skated on it. I went out to clear the pile left at the end of the drive by the plow and it was pretty-much a lump of frozen slush. Took me a while to break through it. I think it's about 20 degrees out there now, and the wind has picked up considerably. I've got a lot of running around to do today, starting with a doctor's appointment this morning so we'll see what the main roads are like. My street is glare ice. The plows managed to scrape of anything you could get any traction on... at least, on the side streets. I haven't seen even a hint of salt or cinders, so this should be quite an adventure. They announced the school closing last night, so my grand-daughter is quite pleased.