spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Cant see
@wideopenwest.com

Cant see

Anon

Fonts too small on Ultra Guide

I cannot read the Ultra TV Guide, the channel or information, unless I'm inches from the screen. Then it's so grainy that I cannot read it well. It's like that on two TVs in my house. My old WOW was far superior, but I was told it would cost me more/mo. to change back.
alan92rttt
join:2012-02-27

alan92rttt

While I have issues with the guide font size is not one of them.

What size/kind of TV do you have?
prospector00
join:2011-02-24
Mount Prospect, IL

prospector00 to Cant see

to Cant see
I have trouble reading the Ultra TV Guide too. I posted on it soon after Ultra TV started, and they actually had an update where they made the fonts even smaller. I also question why on the upcoming shows at the right of the screen, they reduce the contrast further on the already small font by using a gray background.

I guess if one has 20/20 vision the fonts are readable. Not everyone does. The ideal solution would be the ability to customize the font size for one's particular needs. Any chance this could be included on a future upgrade?
alan92rttt
join:2012-02-27

alan92rttt to Cant see

to Cant see
I have zero issues reading the guide or the channel list from across the room and my vision is not 20/20.

This is why I asked what size/kind of TV do you have.

Another good question is what connection are you using from the player to the TV. If you are not using HDMI that will be an issue.

stet
Volitar Prime
join:2002-03-08
Utica, MI

stet to Cant see

to Cant see
I also have no issues reading the guide and feel that the font could be smaller. I was disappointed when they updated it last year and increased the font size while reducing the displayed guide rows from 6 to 5. I would rather display 8 or so. The best thing would have been for them to give us a selectable option for font size / rows in the guide.