»www.nick.com/legend-of-k ··· id=LOKFB

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Neato. Bummer the series didn't fare well on TV, though it did seem to do ok on the 'net.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to SixOfNine

MVM

to SixOfNine
Cool I guess,......

So I guess it's not free to those who subscribe to the channel as part of a package,... ?

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to SixOfNine

Premium Member

to SixOfNine
Already saw it, and enjoyed it when it aired. Though I felt that the final battle was really lackluster and the way they ended it was pretty lame.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

1 edit

1 recommendation

Octavean to SixOfNine

MVM

to SixOfNine
I checked the Nick app and for some reason they have all episodes expiring on the 14th not the 16th.
said by Alpha Phoenix:

Already saw it, and enjoyed it when it aired. Though I felt that the final battle was really lackluster and the way they ended it was pretty lame.

Same here, I've seen every episode and enjoyed them. I don't think I can do a marathon viewing especially with so much other stuff to watch.

Also I agree that the battle between Korra and Zaheer in book three as well as the battle between Korra and Kuvira in book four was concluded in a very unsatisfying way.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Yah. I really wanted to see Toph step in and kick her ass.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

said by Alpha Phoenix:

Yah. I really wanted to see Toph step in and kick her ass.

Yeah, that would have been awesome.

Have Toph come in when she did and definitively defeat Kuvira. Then while in prison she escapes or her people (a spy maybe) free her. Korra asks Toph to confront her again but Toph takes the same attitude she had about the poison in Korra's body because her family (Lin Beifong and the rest of the Beifong clan) are out of danger. Toph also does nothing because she knows Korra can and should defeat Kovira herself.

So when Kovira attacks Republic City Korra is forced to woman up.

Any Avatar, not just Korra, should have been able to destroy Kovira's weapon with little trouble as well as Kovira herself. The Avatar state is a collective of wisdom, strength and power from past lives combined with Raava. Therefore issues specific to Korra while in the Avatar state should be like a single raindrop in an ocean or to put it another way "inconsequential". She can workout her personal $#!t when the fight is over.

It seems like the writers wanted to make Korra a victim even in the first season when Amon took her bending.

BTW, I didn't even know that Zelda Williams (daughter of Robin Williams) was the voice of Kuvira. Wow, she has a great voice. The show has had an amazing cast throughout the seasons.

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

1 recommendation

SixOfNine

Premium Member

said by Octavean:

The Avatar state is a collective of wisdom, strength and power from past lives combined with Raava.

You just triggered an interesting question for me. Because Korra was cut off from her past avatar lives, shouldn't that by definition alter what it means to be in the avatar state, or perhaps even make it impossible to enter it?

Of course, the answer in the series is "no."

Along the lines of your description, that was a great moment when Aang entered the avatar state in his fight with the fire lord (right before the five-minute mark in this video).

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· T8oK7y80

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

I thought the final battle between Aang and Ozai was by far the best of all the Avatar fights, Korra included.