Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil

Re: Netflix DareDevil teaser trailer.

Just got through episode 2 and it's pretty good so far.

"Please stop giving my mom cigars." lol

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

1 recommendation

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Click for full size
His black mask sorta reminds me of Iron Fist's mask. For 2 reasons:
1]Because of how much of the face it covers.
2]Because of the extra cloth in the back [I dunno what you call it, maybe ties?]

I like how They tied the show into Avengers. I do think it would be insane if they managed to get cross overs with spider-man, Agents of Shield, etc. But who knows.
I'm now looking forward to the other Netflix/Marvel shows.

Dr Wizard
The Wizard of Speed and Time
Premium Member
join:2002-12-23
Plain Dealing, LA

Dr Wizard to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
I managed to get about 10 minutes into the 2nd episode before being rudely interrupted. Very enjoyable so far, I'll not rush the rest of the season since NF kept it to what appears to be 13 episodes. Not a problem, I'll enjoy quality over quantity any day of the week!

BigSensFan
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
I forget the episode number but one of the best dialogues

DD: I have learned things since you left 20 years ago
Man: Like what
DD: You are a dick
Man: That is true

LOL

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious to Dr Wizard

Premium Member

to Dr Wizard
said by Dr Wizard:

I'll not rush the rest of the season since NF kept it to what appears to be 13 episodes.

This is standard practice for their own productions (House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Bloodlines, etc).

BigSensFan
Premium Member
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
anyone else not getting subtitles when they are speaking foreign language?

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

NO subtitles for me. But that may have been intentional.

BigSensFan
Premium Member
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan

Premium Member

said by Snakeoil:

Kind of irritating when they have a good 60-90 second conversation in japanese

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to BigSensFan

Premium Member

to BigSensFan
I'm getting subtitles for the Russian stuff, but not when the old Asian lady talks. I think it's intentional.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Saw ep1 last night...........pretty good so far..........a little Gotham like.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to Snakeoil

MVM

to Snakeoil
I'm out of town in the boondocks with no signal so I'm SOL until I get back. My Wife loves these little trips but I hate being cut off from technology.

They have WiFi in the main lodge but that's about it and it isn't very fast.

Packeteers
Premium Member
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY

Packeteers to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ
before i binge on daredevil, has anyone else got a fair comparison?
i like gotham, but stopped watching arrow - as it got too preachy.
i have not seen flash yet, but will binge on that by end of season.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I'd say it's kinda like Arrow, season 2 [the non-killing version].
I dunno if it's preachy or not.

But I think it might be worth a shot. I'm on episode 8 or so, and I'm liking it.

The only disappointment I have is with the "King Pin". Physically Vincent D'Onofrio seems to be on the small side. Where as Michael Clarke Duncan, seemed to be the proper size for the character.
After all the King Pin can physically mix it up with Spidey, and other heroes.
I do think Vincent D'Onofrio has more of an acting range, and has grown on me as the King Pin.

Note:
I think this series would be a decent way of introducing who ever will be the next Spider-man.

You can still see Marvel tripping over using terms like Mutants and such in this series, just like in the movies and Agents of Shield. Hopefully now that Fox has inked a deal, maybe we could see the Web head slinging across a few scenes in the background.
I hope whoever holds the other licenses, also agrees to allowing Marvel to use those toons as well. As it'd be a win, win for all involved.

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
Saw the first two episodes and so far I like it, not as much as Agents of Shield but time will tell.

The only catch-22 of this being a netflix series is that all the episodes for the season are released at once and I doubt we will get the same type of tie-in's mid-season like we did with Agents transitioning to Winter Soldier and then showing the aftermath of W.S. almost immediately in the following episode of Shield.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

there is that. But how cool would it be, to see web head slinging in the back ground, or the F4, or some other super hero/villain group.
Sure they aren't part of the story, but I think it would be interesting. Kinda like the Stan Lee appearances in all things Marvel.

»www.vulture.com/2015/04/ ··· mid=imdb
quote:
What Daredevil Comics Should You Read When You're Done With the Netflix Series?

Daredevil: Born Again by Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli
For decades, Born Again has been the benchmark against which all other Daredevil comics are measured %u2014 and with good cause. It's a brisk but devastating 1986 story about a subtle and far-reaching attack that Daredevil's archenemy Wilson Fisk launches to mentally destroy our hero. In many ways, the attack works, and the story ends up being an oddly moving look at extreme depressive episodes. Beware: Born Again is, in many ways, an artifact of a period when the most-acclaimed comics were teeth-grittingly earnest tales of anguished men overcoming all odds. You won't find many laughs here. But iconic Daredevil scribe Frank Miller crafted a gripping little yarn, and Mazzucchelli's artwork is as graceful as it is brutal.

Damn, what comic hasn't Miller worked on?

BigSensFan
Premium Member
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
This guy gets stabbed, beaten, punched, etc.. and still he lives LOL

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

Damn, what comic hasn't Miller worked on?

The ones that sucked. Lol.

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
I watch up through Episode 4 and have a question on Fisk:

I dont recall him being that ... akward... in the comics, am I wrong? It almost seems as if his body guard is the real kingpin

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

Sometimes there are subs other times not, I think its how they planned it.

though why do I sometimes get what look like german captions for English signs?
DarkLogix

DarkLogix to PhoenixDown

Premium Member

to PhoenixDown
said by PhoenixDown:

I watch up through Episode 4 and have a question on Fisk:

I dont recall him being that ... akward... in the comics, am I wrong? It almost seems as if his body guard is the real kingpin

He's kinda a CEO type, and at that point was trying to keep to the shadows.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
Yeah, it is intentional. Later on in the season, when there's no one to translate, there will be subtitles for everything spoken in another language.
Rook008

Rook008 to PhoenixDown

Premium Member

to PhoenixDown
The entire season 1 is an origin story, or so it seems to me. The characters are constantly changing, especially Fisk. It's pretty interesting to watch.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

I liked when Fisk was telling the biblical story of the good Samaritan then at the end saying he thought he was the Samaritan but now realizes he's the robbers that stripped the poor man. Fisk does a pretty good telling of it even if not 100% quote from the bible.

Did the spoiler section show properly I don't see the spoiler button. NVM there it is.

I think they should have done more of the world in flames CG.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008

Premium Member

Yeah, that was a great scene. I would think that was the moment he tells us that he's ready to be the Kingpin.

It would have been nice to get a reminder every now and then of how DD "sees" the world, especially there at the end.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Rook008:

It would have been nice to get a reminder every now and then of how DD "sees" the world, especially there at the end.

I think they limited it to avoid doing to much CGI
I hope in Season 2 (hoping there will be a season 2) they'll have a better CG budget.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil to Rook008

Premium Member

to Rook008
said by Rook008:

Yeah, that was a great scene. I would think that was the moment he tells us that he's ready to be the Kingpin.

I agree.
Snakeoil

Snakeoil

Premium Member

For some reason, I thought the Punisher was going to pop in and take care of the bad guys

Maybe next season they can have the Punisher do a drive by [no origin story]. Just him and DD fighting it out on how the bad guys should be handled. Then they can give Punisher his own series, or launch into a movie.

Maybe next season we'll get Elektra? Or possibly a Felicia Hardy sighting?
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ki ··· omics%29

Kingpin is sought out by the Black Cat, who at the time was dating Spider-Man, and feared her lack of powers would make her a liability to him. She pays Fisk to have scientists provide her with defensive bad luck powers that cause mishap to befall anyone who attempt to harm the Cat in combat, but also negatively affect anyone who stayed in close proximity to her for an extended time, eventually causing death. The Kingpin hoped this would lead to Spider-Man's death, but Spider-Man and the Black Cat ultimately break up instead. Shortly after, Fisk is attacked by an enraged Spider-Man.[14] Fisk's scientists also create the supervillains the Answer and the Spot to battle Spider-Man and the Black Cat

Reading up on King Pin, and I can see where Daredevil really could be used as a tie in to Spidy and Punisher. As all three have fought him.
But that is just a pipe dream.

BigSensFan
Premium Member
Belle River, ON

1 recommendation

BigSensFan to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
Just finished Season 1 (hopefully they make a season 2)

This series was AWESOME .

love when he finally gets the costume, it looks great

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

Reading up on King Pin, and I can see where Daredevil really could be used as a tie in to Spidy and Punisher. As all three have fought him.
But that is just a pipe dream.

Ya cause I think Sony had the rights to spidy and though marvel might get a little crossover I doubt anything big.

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
I like the fact that DD gets it as good as he gives it and is not invulnerable.

On the other hand, DD would definitely not stand a chance against Agent Mae, Agent Bobbi or even former Agent Grant Ward