All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

PurplePirate
@suddenlink.net

PurplePirate

Anon

what's the "fastest" modem that for use on 1-gig download speed?

I need to replace my new modem because it fell from the top of the bookshelf when I was adjusting the wireless router. It still works, but none of the lights light up and the coax connector is loose.

what's the "fastest" modem that for use on 1-gig download speed? what should I be looking for?

Chubbzie
join:2014-02-11
Greenville, NC
Hitron CDA3
(Software) OpenBSD + pf

1 recommendation

Chubbzie

You'll need to wait for manufacturers to offer Docsis 3.1 modems to get close to the theoretical 1Gbps. I haven't checked lately but upon last inspection Docsis 3.1 had yet to be ratified.

In the meanwhile what you are looking for is a modem that offers the most amount of bonded channels per down/up streams that is also compatible with SL.

By the way, you've created quite a number of threads in this forum. Why not create an account? Many people set their accounts to ignore anonymous posts so there might be many forum users that cannot see what you are posting.
Nyron
join:2007-10-09
Charleston, WV

Nyron to PurplePirate

to PurplePirate

Re: what's the "fastest" modem that for use on 1-gig download speed?

I wouldn't get a top of the line modem as of now. I don't think the cost is justified and it likely won't be compatible with 1 gig speeds. There have been some good deals on the SB 6141 for around 60 dollars here lately.

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

moldypickle to PurplePirate

Premium Member

to PurplePirate

Re: what's the "fastest" modem that for use on 1-gig download speed?

You only need the 16 channel modem if you're wanting to get the 300 tier if it's even available to you. Otherwise any of the numerous 8 channel modems will work just fine and be about half the price.