uniqs

Michail
Premium Member
join:2000-08-02
Boynton Beach, FL

Michail to Robyn79

Premium Member

to Robyn79

Re: [Need Info] What's Your Dream Cell Phone?

I actually prefer Windows Phone 8.1 for the OS, and am well experienced with android an iOS, but it's not the cool or popular thing. People trash it without having a clue just because it's Microsoft. It's kind of like the better but less popular choice, like beta vs. VHS. So I'll using mine now which is a Lumia 1520. It's comparable to the iPhone 6+ hardware wise.

Where it lacks is in ease of streaming media. Apple wins that if you have an Apple TV, Android comes in 2nd with chromecast. I haven't fully explored the xbox one/ WP10 experience yet.
Expand your moderator at work
ManoaHi
join:2015-04-16
Honolulu, HI

ManoaHi to Robyn79

to Robyn79

Re: [Need Info] What's Your Dream Cell Phone?

I think that there are other criteria. I have both iOS and Android phones and I have iOS and Android tablets. I had the opportunity to use a Windows phone, and it was really good. There is one issue, and that could possibly affect both Windows and Android. Remember that just prior to Windows 8 Phone, the long time users were stuck at 7.5, the only way to get Windows 8 was to get a new phone. My Android tablet is stuck on ICS, my Android phone is stuck on KitKat (I do realize that on the phone side, the carriers are partially at fault). iOS is made available by Apple, the carriers don't have control over the OS, you get it directly from Apple. I also realize that if you need/want the new OS, you should probably get a new phone, or just keep using an out of date phone (my original iPhone still works, but it is stuck on iOS 3.1.3 but keep in mind the original iPhone is nearly 8 years old. My 3GS still works but is stuck at iOS 6.1.6, but my 4S which came out in 2011, runs that latest iOS. I currently use iOS 8.3 on iPhone 5S, Android 4.4.1 on Moto Droid (which is one years old). Consider that iOS 8 runs on iPhone 4S, 5, 5c/5S 6/6+, that said, if you want all thes feature of iOS 8, then you need to be on a 6/6+. Just some food for thought