Sacker
Premium Member
join:2004-01-09
La Vergne, TN

Sacker

Premium Member

1Gig in LaVergne Tn

Click for full size
Just got upgraded this morning and using the 2200 Modem they supplied.

Tech was using Google chrome to test the speed and was only getting 600. We moved to IE 11 or Firefox and below is what we where getting.

I am happy with these speeds since I am going through the 2200 and another gig switch to my desktop.

Thanks,
Sacker

R32Raines
Premium Member
join:2003-03-01
La Vergne, TN

R32Raines

Premium Member

That's just pretty.
I'll just have to live with my 100megs til I can afford 1gig...or until prices drop when Google Fiber gets active.

I applaud you sir.

Sacker
Premium Member
join:2004-01-09
La Vergne, TN

Sacker

Premium Member

I do want to add anything over 750 is acceptable per the tech or they will submit a ticket for you and try to get it above that coming straight from the ONT with no routers in the middle.

davidc502
join:2002-03-06
Mount Juliet, TN

davidc502 to R32Raines

to R32Raines
said by R32Raines:

until prices drop when Google Fiber gets active.

I believe that's the only thing that will make that happen. Internet is way over-priced.... and only Google Fiber will change that.
rudelerius
join:2014-12-02
US

rudelerius

$99/mo. is just way overpriced when they require you to subscribe to the TDS TV package (and additional cost) as well, and force you into using their crippled router ecosystem.
rudelerius

rudelerius to Sacker

to Sacker
But, WOOOHOOOO to you for those kinds of speed! Downloading a 2 hour HD movie in approx. a minute must be cool to watch! : )

driz
join:2001-08-07
Louisville, KY

1 edit

driz to Sacker

to Sacker
here's the problem with that particular test. do a traceroute to speedtest.tds.net i bet its 2 hops from you. you're pretty much testing LAN speed. A better test would be to go download or torrent something large and see how close you can get to 125MBps. I downloaded the CentOS 7 full ISO (7.1GB) with an average speed of 88MBps and peak of 95MBps which is between 704Mbps and 760Mbps (speedtest.tds.net shows me on average at 870 down and 380 up during peak usage times). Also keep in mind that most ISPs will prioritize speedtest traffic, so using a download test like i mention is more realistic.

peep my new thread for some graphical examples:
»1Gig in Mount Juliet, TN

davidc502
join:2002-03-06
Mount Juliet, TN

davidc502

Just keep in mind with torrents you're tied down to a few things... 1 the number of seeds and 2 the amount of upload possible per seed. One other thing I almost forgot is the performance of your router. Keeping up with all the sessions on a gigabit link will likely melt most prosumer routers.

So I would make sure you have the bittorent client tuned very will ... I.E. numbers of connections per torrent etc.

Also, I would suggest after torrent tuning, to try several VERY Popular torrents to see what's possible, but at the same time, monitor the routers CPU, and see if there's a bottleneck.

Example being my Cisco 871W as the cpu would max out whilst torrenting a couple of files with a large list of seeders. this causes degregation in performance as well as possible download speeds.

The TDS router I'm on now is dual core, and it's seems to be robust enough to handle my 50mbps link, but I've never tested a large number of seeders on a gigabit link.