Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

1 recommendation

Mango

Premium Member

New firmware for OBi2 series

Firmware release 4581 is a major release with new features, bug fixes, an improved OBiWiFi setup process and an improved echo canceller for the OBiLINE

These notes detail all significant features and bug fixes implemented in Firmware Release 4581 since release 4477:

Device Enhancements:

•Added a feature to try alternative user agent ports when the server is not responding to REGISTER (Great! This should be very useful for routers that occasionally have corrupted NAT connections.)

•Added an additional DTMF method: SIPInfo+2833 (SIP INFO and rfc2833 together)

•Added new SPx option X_AcceptSipFromRegistrarOnly to accept inbound SIP requests only if they came from the same IP address of the current Registered proxy; and the OBi must have register enabled and be registered successfully at the time. Note: if using TCP for transport, incoming sip requests via the same TCP/TLS channel are always accepted. (Sounds good; hopefully the OBi will simply ignore unsolicited requests instead of rejecting them.)

•Added enhancements to the OBiWiFi setup process

•Bluetooth now supports audio switch in the case where the user dials/answers on Mobile phone

•Changes to INVITE header handling. (What changed?)

•Support for a new option: X_StartConfOnPeerRing

•Support for a new option: X_EndConfWhenHangUp

•Added option UserAgentContactFollowProxyServerTransport to enable the use of a SIP transport scheme consistent with ProxyServerTransport setting, when the OutboundProxyTransport is different.

•Added star code variables $fax1 and $ufax1 to support enabling fax and disabling fax respectively, for the immediate next outgoing call only. (Still no improvements for incoming calls?)

•Allow to prefix a literal in a star code variable, such as $Spd[1$code] to support partitioning of 100 speed dials for each phone port

•Changed "@localhost" to "@anonymous.invalid" for outbound anonoymous call

•Reply 403 instead of 486 when blocking anonymous caller

•Fixed PRACK not sent to the contact in 183 response

•T.38 Faxing enhancements (What was enhanced?)

•Added "notify" and "options" keep alive message-types that are true SIP requests that can trigger proxy failover if the server does not respond

•Service provider-specific feature enhancements added

•Support sending PUBLISH for RTCP/XR to an arbitrary host different from proxy-server. In that case, the PUBLISH is send using SIP/UDP with DNS A record lookup only, and no redundancy and bypass outbound proxy

•Delay fallback to primary proxy until all current calls are cleared; to avoid keep-alive destination changes during a call

•Made significant enhancements to echo cancellation software for the OBiLINE accessory (About time.)

Source: »www.obitalk.com/forum/in ··· c=8982.0

cb14
join:2013-02-04
Miami Beach, FL

1 edit

cb14

Thanks. Since some of us do not frequent that forum daily any more.
But, did you or anyone else actually implement this update? Experience taught me to be very cautious with Obi firmware upgrades.

Brano
I hate Vogons
MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON

Brano to Mango

MVM

to Mango
Thanks for heads up. Did manual upgrade without a hiccup. ...quick phone call test no issues. ...let's see how it behaves in long term.

cb14
Miami Beach, FL

cb14

Thanks. Will wait for a few more confirmations...
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

One report on another forum says that T.38 works with Free Phone Line now. That is nice to see.

cb14, I have not implemented this update (I have an OBi110).

gerick
join:2001-01-17
San Antonio, TX
Google Wifi
Obihai OBi200

gerick to Brano

to Brano
said by Brano:

Thanks for heads up. Did manual upgrade without a hiccup. ...quick phone call test no issues. ...let's see how it behaves in long term.

Ditto.
kingfisher
Premium Member
join:2007-07-17
Webster, NY

kingfisher to cb14

Premium Member

to cb14
I installed on Obi202 from the Obitalk website. Got indication of successful completion. Made a few test calls. So far, all seems OK.
Prof_Tech
join:2007-06-30
Quincy, IL

Prof_Tech to Mango

to Mango
I went ahead and installed it from the portal last night 'cause I don't use GV and I'm brave. Conversation with my daughter today on CC seemed very clear & did not drop.

cb14
Miami Beach, FL

1 recommendation

cb14 to kingfisher

to kingfisher

Thanks. I will do it tomorrow morning. Weekend is the best time for this type of adventures.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd to Mango

MVM

to Mango
Upgraded from Portal .... works like a charm. Love ObiHai !

Will try the Wifi dongle soon as previous experiences were not consistent.
GusHerb
join:2011-11-04
Chicago, IL

GusHerb to Mango

to Mango
Update seems to be working fine over here.
giqcass
join:2014-03-10

giqcass to Mango

to Mango
Thanks, for the update. Not sure if I'll update just yet but I added it to my firmware archive.

cb14
Miami Beach, FL

1 recommendation

cb14 to GusHerb

to GusHerb
Not fully tested,but seems to be working.Lucky us this time.