spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Nosense
@tds.net

Nosense

Anon

Wireless continually drops out, devices all say connected to network

Problem of Internet going down started 2/3. I have had 2 new T2200h modems installed by TDS since 2/4, but the wireless doesn't work. Internet speed coming into the modem was 29 mph when the tech tested it directly. All devices say they are "connected to the network, Internet not available,". Problem corrects with a reboot, but it's quite a pain since that brings down the TV service also and spotty Internet service is crappy. TDS techs are baffled. To add to it, phone service hasn't worked since 2/5 either. No new devices or appliances to cause sudden interference. Any solutions or ideas to at least find the source of the proble?
rudelerius
join:2014-12-02
US

rudelerius

Possibly the problem is related to the wiring in your house? I believe T2200h is a DSL modem, so intermittent signal issues could be a cause of shorts or connection issues with the phone wires? That would also explain the problem with the phone lines working. Do you have a line filter on the telephone line that is connected to the modem? Signal noise could also cause these problems. As for the wireless, it sounds like the wireless connection between the devices is good, but the signal coming from the router drops frequently. You may need to have an electrician come out and look at the phone wires in your house to see if there any issues.

Nosense
@tds.net

1 recommendation

Nosense

Anon

My stepson and I have come to the same conclusion. Thank you so much for your thoughts.
gregk1239
join:2015-04-23
Contoocook, NH

gregk1239

We have same problem with the T2200H. Wireless would be working fine, then all of a sudden totally drop out for all devices connected. All devices would still say connected, but speed tests would show 0.01 mb speeds. When you'd wire directly into T2200H, speeds were fine. I called TDS and they said they can't guarantee wireless speeds due to "atmospheric conditions". I told them I found it suspicious that this was happening every night around same time. I finally got them to do some digging and they claimed they found a problem and fixed it. I kept having the problem, so I finally just plugged another router in and shut off the wireless on the T2200H. Not the ideal solution, but a good band aid for now.