uniqs

Black_Mage
Premium Member
join:2012-09-12
USA

Black_Mage

Premium Member

[Help] Handbrake on Windows 7

Handbrake works fine on my Mac. However I can't get it to display chapters on my Windows version. I already tried the fix where you take a .dll file and put it in the handbrake directory and it didn't help. Any ideas?

Merak75
AKA "Vukodlak75"
MVM
join:2001-10-27
Willoughby, OH

Merak75

MVM

What do you mean display chapters?
What are you trying to convert (DVD or a video file)?

Black_Mage
Premium Member
USA

Black_Mage

Premium Member

I mean titles. It will act like it scans the DVD ok but never shows titles. Works fine on Mac.

Merak75
AKA "Vukodlak75"
MVM
join:2001-10-27
Willoughby, OH

1 edit

Merak75

MVM

Do you solely rely on Handbrake to Decrypt the DVD? I use AnyDVD and it decrypts the dvd on the fly so Handbrake sees the DVD as unencrytped. Works flawlessly for years now. I have found that Handbrake does not do a good job at decrypting.

Black_Mage
Premium Member
USA

Black_Mage

Premium Member

I'll give AnyDVD a try when I get home. It's too bad the Windows version of Handbrake isn't more reliable.
bennor
Premium Member
join:2006-07-22
New Haven, CT

bennor to Black_Mage

Premium Member

to Black_Mage
Click for full size
said by Black_Mage:

I mean titles. It will act like it scans the DVD ok but never shows titles. Works fine on Mac.

Is the DVD/Blue Ray disc encrypted? If so that's probably why. I have no problems with Handbrake reading non encrypted DVD's on Windows 7 as the attached image shows. If the disc is encrypted you will have to run it through a decrypter program first. Or use an all in one decrypter program that decrypts then converts. Or use a program that strips the encryption on the fly from the DVD disc while its in the DVD drive.

By the way Handbrake does state the following on their website:

Supported Input Sources:
Handbrake can process most common multimedia files and any DVD or BluRay sources that do not contain any kind of copy protection.

Black_Mage
Premium Member
USA

Black_Mage to Merak75

Premium Member

to Merak75
AnyDVD works great.