uniqs

marketex
Premium Member
join:2003-11-11
Chicago, IL

marketex

Premium Member

Highway Analogues to Hijacking

"Stofor, pronounced as in "Stow Four", is a store and forward message switching system designed by Fenwood Designs Ltd, UK in 1980."

Way back in the day when shipments of booze and other merchandise by highway truck were being intercepted by competing crime cartels and such crime was and remained rampant all the way through the days of the "Goodfellas," the best way to avoid having your load stolen was SPEED, and expeditious Truck Stop use.

Certain post 911 initiatives to inspect packets of communications data are the very reason, imho, that along with the negative effects of H1B visas circa Y2K remediation efforts. (which, also imho, actually led to 911 and current world-wide hacking phenomena,) as the well known NSA Stofor programs for domestic terrorism detection, have allowed the slowdown in traffic that guys who don't seem to mind future encounters with Bubba and orange jumpsuits relish, as they just allow the receipt of traffic by the hackers before the legitimate recipients thereof even know that a message is incoming or that an outgoing message has not reached its intended destination.

Anybody?
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

1 edit

4 recommendations

dave

Premium Member

I think you have little idea what you're talking about and are just spouting incoherent words.

Removing the irrelevant nonsense about telex switches, bootleggers, and immigrants, your point seems to be that "hackers" are "slowing down" traffic by putting store-and-forward switches in the way? Or perhaps you mean the "hackers" are using store-and-forward switches installed by the NSA.

If I have that wrong, perhaps you could rewrite in clear English?
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE to marketex

MVM

to marketex
said by marketex:

Certain post 911 initiatives to inspect packets of communications data are the very reason, imho, that...have allowed the slowdown in traffic...as they just allow the receipt of traffic by the hackers before the legitimate recipients thereof even know that a message is incoming or that an outgoing message has not reached its intended destination.

That kind of seems like what's being said, after dropping a few things from OP's last sentence.

In which case, my general view is "with wired networking speeds pushing the 100GBit barrier and faster, who in their right
mind'd try and analyze that traffic inline and in realtime?"

More than likely is a SPAN or tap is being used.

My 00000010bits

Regards

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6

Premium Member

said by HELLFIRE:

In which case, my general view is "with wired networking speeds pushing the 100GBit barrier and faster, who in their right mind'd try and analyze that traffic inline and in realtime?"

If I recollect correctly, the NSA said the same thing. They store messages and then review those when other indicators suggest that a review of a persons messages is necessary.

marketex
Premium Member
join:2003-11-11
Chicago, IL

1 edit

marketex to dave

Premium Member

to dave
said by dave:

I think you have little idea what you're talking about and are just spouting incoherent words.

Removing the irrelevant nonsense about telex switches, bootleggers, and immigrants, your point seems to be that "hackers" are "slowing down" traffic by putting store-and-forward switches in the way? Or perhaps you mean the "hackers" are using store-and-forward switches installed by the NSA.

If I have that wrong, perhaps you could rewrite in clear English?

Plain English: Sequestration of technology within political boundaries is futile!

...and, no, you have it wrong, as I did not either suggest nor intend to suggest that hackers were doing anything more technological than run their overclocked, speeding vehicles, alongside a series of slowed vehicles with the intent of obtaining the cargo on the vehicles, SS#, CC#, Monetary info, Trade secrets, etc., with little knowledge of how to actually manufacture a Mac Truck, [which is why we who programmed in 16k of ram back in the day, call these perps, "scripts kiddies!"] and, perhaps, but not likely, the knowledge of how the truck was manufactured

"insert cut of man shooting through a paper bag" as portrayed by Joe Pesci, while riding in the passenger seat of a hijacked truck"